Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Miatas @ Hallett 2016

Engine Builder

Interesting fact: I placed an order for a 2015 helmet with OG RACING months ago...still haven't got it. I called to check the status and was told that if I run events and have to get a rental, they will reimburse me for it. That is excellent customer service!

How long does it take to get tires from tire rack? I don't think my current street tires will be usable after Friday and Saturday at Hallett.

Usually quick, my last set arrived in 16 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    News to me…..I have driven Chitown to Santa Monica, and the good parts many times.
    What I meant is that Route 66 is no longer a continuous designated highway stretching from Chicago to Santa Monica. Route 66 was officially decommissioned in 1985. It's now a collection of differently-named highways, with some old sections remaining, that have overlaid, bypassed, and replaced the original route, but more-or-less following it's path.

The bits and pieces I was referring to are those old sections of the highway that are identified as "Historic Route 66" in many places along the way. Those portions are usually older segments of the road that followed earlier alignments of the route. I'm not sure how many such sections exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin1824 View Post
    How long does it take to get tires from tire rack? I don't think my current street tires will be usable after Friday and Saturday at Hallett.
    I had a set of tires shipped by Tire Rack from Shreveport that took 2 days. The last set of tires I bought were shipped from Nevada because they were out of stock in Shreveport. Those took 7 days.

Edit: Actually, the ones that took two days were shipped from Denver, CO.
    Last edited by 865; 09-02-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin1824 View Post
    Interesting fact: I placed an order for a 2015 helmet with OG RACING months ago...still haven't got it. I called to check the status and was told that if I run events and have to get a rental, they will reimburse me for it. That is excellent customer service!

Tire Rack is 2 days on most orders, sometimes 1.

Black Armor Helmets has a local direct dealer and can probably sell you one on the spot. If not, they are in Texas and can have you one in a day or two at most.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Wonder any damage to the track from the earthquake ?
    Gabriel

Engine Builder

Ordered a set of 15x9 Advanti Storms and some 225 RS3s.

Tire rack says it fits without modifications...I'll see soon enough.

Engine Builder

Well, crap. I was flushing my brake fluid and discovered that my front passenger side bleed valve no longer works. Anyone happen to have any front bleed valves or know where to get some that fit?

How does a bleed valve fail anyways? My car was missing 3/4 of the rubber caps for the bleed valves when I bought it. Maybe that did it.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Might just have a small piece of crud caught in it. Did you try taking it all the way off and poke it thru?

Engine Builder

I thought about that, but it's my daily driver, and if I take it all the way off, there will for sure be air in that brake line. I didn't take it off to avoid that situation if it's not fixable by cleaning out that bleed valve.

Its not hard to bleed the air after you pull out the bleed valve. Go to NAPA or Mazda and get a new bleeder screw, pull th eold on eand shove the new one in quickly. You'll be fine.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

What do you bring with you to the track, aside from the obvious, like car, helmet, and tech inspection sheet? For example, is drinking water available at the track, or do you need to bring your own in an ice chest, like at an autocross?

They have a snack bar and you can likely find a water hose somewhere.

Bring some drinks to save some money. Use hotel ice to fill your cooler.

If you imbibe, then BYOB at Sat night's banquet.

Thanks for the BYOB reminder. Cooler of Gatorade for the track, then, and beer for the banquet, and none of that watered-down 3.2% swill they sell in the grocery stores there in Oklahoma.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm guessing those who registered saw this, but just in case....

Thanks to all the 2016 Miata drivers who have registered for Friday and/or Saturday. . .
    (Remind your friends we are still accepting entries, including walk-ins)

FYI for the upcoming Miatas@Hallett
    If you have been a Miata participant before, you may be driving on
    track Friday (backwards ZoomZoom) so we are opening the gates Thursday evening
    5 to 8 if you want to drop trailers or camp out.
    Gates open Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. until done. The BBQ dinner
    at the Hampton will be around 7 Saturday night. Remember, a ticket to the party
    is included with your entry (BYO favorite drink).
    If you are a first timer, you have a classroom at 7:30 Saturday a.m. Let me know you
    got this info about your meeting please. Long sleeves and long pants (cotton preferred)
    plus SA helmet (we have some for rent) and comfortable shoes (no open toes).
    You probably already saw the tech form and driving rules when you registered,
    but if want a copy of either, email [email protected]
    All first time Drivers MUST attend the High Performance Driving Education classroom Saturday morning 7:30 on the second floor of the Hallett Tower. Gates are open at 7:00 so early birds may walk, bicycle, or golf cart the track during the sunrise hour. You can also prepare by viewing the counterclockwise onboard lap on the Hallett website.
    All Drivers must attend the Saturday morning Drivers’ Meeting at 8 a.m. Passing areas will be explained in the Saturday Drivers’ Meeting and there will be a review of the flags used to communicate with you on track.

Just a reminder that the route between Hallett and the hotel each day is a toll road. They have attended booths, so you don't need change, but it helps. They do read NTTA toll tags, though. You just need to tell the attendant that you have a toll tag.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Do you STS guys put your rear sway back on for track days?

PS
    Do they only sell 3.2 beer in OK?

PPS
    What's the plan Rogue?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Do you STS guys put your rear sway back on for track days?
    I run CSP, but I am putting my OEM rear bar back on. It's easy to unhook at the track and try a session without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    PS
    Do they only sell 3.2 beer in OK?
    Any beverage containing more than 3.2% alcohol by weight or 4% alcohol by volume, that is, most liquors, wines, and typical beer, may only be sold in licensed liquor stores at room temperature.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Any beverage containing more than 3.2% alcohol by weight or 4% alcohol by volume, that is, most liquors, wines, and typical beer, may only be sold in licensed liquor stores at room temperature.
    Know why Texas doesn't fall in to the Gulf of Mexico?

Because OK sucks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast