Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evolution Performance Driving School - Mineral Wells - April 2-3

Default Evolution Performance Driving School - Mineral Wells - April 2-3

For anyone is interested we are going to be putting on two small Evo autocross school at Mineral Wells on April 2-3. There will be a Phase One on Saturday and a Phase Two on Sunday. Spaces are pretty limited at 12 entries per day. Any questions can be posted here, or pm me. We are also looking at putting on a single day Phase Two and Challenge school in June or July, more details to follow.

Phase One:
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....t_detail&p=624
    Phase Two:
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....t_detail&p=673

I went to the school David and Gerry taught a couple of years ago - they're great instructors with some really valuable exercises and instruction techniques - things you can't really practice during a competition

My personal performance shot up after their class - it changed the way I think about and execute on a course

I only wish my calendar could swing the class this year

I signed up for the Phase One class. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    For anyone is interested we are going to be putting on two small Evo autocross school at Mineral Wells on April 2-3. There will be a Phase One on Saturday and a Phase Two on Sunday. Spaces are pretty limited at 12 entries per day. Any questions can be posted here, or pm me. We are also looking at putting on a single day Phase Two and Challenge school in June or July, more details to follow.

Phase One:
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....t_detail&p=624
    Phase Two:
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....t_detail&p=673
    Okay I looked at the entry form out of curiosity and they I saw "co-driver." So is $200 for a driver and co-driver splitting the runs evenly or is it $200 each for driver and co driver for $400? If it's, $200 total and you split the runs I would probably load up and take Jr. He has just started driving and would really learn a lot. I'm sure I would learn a lot too, just not as much as I'm old and stubborn and slow.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

As of earlier today the Saturday Phase One only has 6 spots left and the Sunday Phase Two has 9 spots left.

Quote Originally Posted by UTenigma View Post
    I went to the school David and Gerry taught a couple of years ago - they're great instructors with some really valuable exercises and instruction techniques - things you can't really practice during a competition

My personal performance shot up after their class - it changed the way I think about and execute on a course
    Awesome to hear you got something out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
    Okay I looked at the entry form out of curiosity and they I saw "co-driver." So is $200 for a driver and co-driver splitting the runs evenly or is it $200 each for driver and co driver for $400? If it's, $200 total and you split the runs I would probably load up and take Jr. He has just started driving and would really learn a lot. I'm sure I would learn a lot too, just not as much as I'm old and stubborn and slow.
    $200 is per driver.

Although it is a lot more than a normal event it is well worth it. I struggled for many years before I could afford to take the class.

One consolation is we have actually negotiated the lowest cost for the school in the US. In most other areas it is close to or over $300 per day.

As of earlier today the Saturday Phase One only has 6 spots left and the Sunday Phase Two has 9 spots left.

Awesome to hear you got something out of it!

$200 is per driver.

Although it is a lot more than a normal event it is well worth it. I struggled for many years before I could afford to take the class.

One consolation is we have actually negotiated the lowest cost for the school in the US. In most other areas it is close to or over $300 per day.
    No argument there. On a cost per run basis it's as if the instructors are along for free feedback. I will probably take Jr. to an autoX this year and let him suck :). If he really likes it and wants to get better, than next year a school will be in the cards. Even though he lives with me, I still pay his mom about $1000/month in child support (thanks government!). That judgement expires soon thank goodness since he will be 18 in June '17.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

My wife and me are signed up as of now for phase one! Should be fun! Dusty

Signed up for both days and looking forward to it. Every time I've attended something put on by the Evo school it's helped me. -- DA

From the Evo site, here is the schedule for the Phase 1 school this Saturday:

The following is a schedule for the day's event:

• 7:00am Site Opens
    • 7:45am Cars Must be Ready for Tech
    • 8:30am Drivers Meeting (Drivers Must be Present)
    • 9:00am Instructed Sessions Begins
    • 12:30pm Working Lunch (Drivers Must Provide Their Own Lunch)
    • 1:00pm Instructed Session Continue
    • 4:30pm Wrap-up Meeting

Looks like it'll be very cool in the morning (under 40F), and probably windy if the last few weeks are any indication. Can't wait!

Also FYI we do not break for lunch, either bring your own lunch or $5 for pizza.

Also FYI we do not break for lunch, either bring your own lunch or $5 for pizza.

I was wondering about that, I will take pizza

Thanks

Good to know on lunch, Thanks David.

I had the opportunity to spend the last 2 days learning in this format with the Evo school and it was simply phenomenal. I took so many good notes that will help me towards my goals. The instruction from Gerry and David was incredible. Highly recommend evo school phases to anyone that can go. There were things I had always heard other drivers talk about that I never fully understood or appreciated. Furthermore I couldn't visualize certain things. Now after this weekend I can see most all of those things and even if I can't perfect some of them for some time, I have the tools to grow. The guys asked me to do things that weren't always natural or comfortable, but the feedback was a gift.

I feel the same way David^ feels. I will not feel lost at another autocross event ever again. I can visualize any course that comes my way. I do want to drive an STS car (RWD), this is what David recommended I try!! I'm stock at work for the next 4 weeks, but I will come to events after that. I can't wait!!

I really enjoyed the phase 1 school, and I gained a lot of useful insights. I was able to immediately apply what I learned from the school at the ER autocross event yesterday, and it made a big difference. I understood the course elements better. I got through the looong slalom with much better control and speed, completely devoid of drama. Looking ahead kept me from being surprised and facilitated smoother progress. My braking and acceleration were better controlled. I was more confident. It all payed off, because I placed 2nd in Novice class, my best finish yet.

Learning never ends. I took the phase 1 school this time, but next year I plan to do both phase 1 and 2.

865, that was a good school! I had fun and learned a lot. Also noted little and big things to work on. There were several obvious things like the slalom and the hairpin that I had been doing wrong. Daph enjoyed it and learned several things. Going to do tires and alignment on the Vette. Dusty

By the way it was a pleasure meeting and talking with the instructors and students. Lots of nice cars! Dusty

Suspension Modder

If anyone missed this and is interested in maybe setting up a 1 day (phase one) on a sunday please let me know. I checked with David and 8-10 are needed for them to set up a school.

Tire Warmer

Rampage!!!

I would be in mattg43

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast