Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Wells ProSolo - June 4-5, 2016

Default Mineral Wells ProSolo - June 4-5, 2016

Registration is open for the Mineral Wells ProSolo on June 4th-5th. Head over to http://www.scca.com/events/1981912-2...wells-prosolo/ to register!

For those of you who haven't done a ProSolo, don't let the "pro" scare you. You'll get 12 runs over two days (and maybe more if you make a challenge!) and the atmosphere is really fun. The SCCA Texas Region folks go the extra mile to make it an enjoyable experience with a great cookout on Friday night and a catered dinner on Saturday. And don't forget the copious amounts of liquid refreshments

Registration count is currently at 62. Last year there were just at or a little over 200 (I think). If you haven't done a national-style event, jump in! They are very fun!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

In.

Suspension Modder

I looked at the rules and didn't see where a novice couldn't enter so I did. If anyone knows that if that is not allowed please let me know.

Mike Clarke

You can absolutely do it! I know a few people that had their first autocross at a pro or national tour. To be more comfy at the real deal, you should definitely try and make the next ER event at Mineral Wells in a few weeks.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Who is designing the courses?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Who is designing the courses?
    Vivek.

I read the 2016 Pro Solo rules... Good lord! I've never seen so many ifs, ands, buts, exceptions, conditions, and ways to get disqualified. You'd have to be Spock to remember all that.

But anyway, it sounds like fun. Someone has to be last. Might as well be me, if I decide to enter.

Are those required program stickers easy to remove from your car? The Tire Rack upper windshield decal, the rectangular SCCA front decal, the two Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo side decals, etc (any other required decals)? I guess you can buy them there?

Don't sweat the rules. It's an Autocross. Stickers are free and easy to remove. Stick them to your clothes, first, to get some lint on them and then to your car.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Don't sweat the rules. It's an Autocross. Stickers are free and easy to remove. Stick them to your clothes, first, to get some lint on them and then to your car.
    I've never heard of that trick...good idea!!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I've never had any more fun autocrossing than my DFL at my first Pro. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Just the welcome party Friday night, Saturday night BBQ and hanging out is worth it. The MW Pro is the best event for me all year. I think I'm just gonna sleep in a tent and stink all weekend.

Ok, I'm in. Signed up for the Evo Hole Shot class on Friday, too, so I'll at least know what I'm doing when I DFL.

Don't forget the Evo Hole Shot School.

http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....t_detail&p=653

Yes, I signed up for that on the Evo website. Low price, limited class size, and seems like it will be worthwhile for a ProSolo newb.

I should be there, co-driving Rick Martinez's Z06 in A Street. It'll be my first autocross in over a year...

Hope to see some of my old North Texas peeps out there!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

According to the SCCA registration page for this event:

All Events Must have 120 entrants 2 weeks prior to the event or it will be in jeopardy.
    That is May 20th, 13 days from now. Current reg is 95. Need another 25 to not "be in jeopardy". Think we'll make it?

My SCCA region isn't showing up next to my name in the registration list. It's blank. Any idea how to fix that?

Just a quick "heads-up"...

Hotels are almost ALL sold out for the weekend of TX ProSolo in Mineral Wells on June 3, 4, 5!! Hurry & make a reservation NOW if you plan on staying in Min Wells. Nearest next option is Weatherford.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Registrations are only at 116! Come on folks let's get signed up for this and show some strong Texas Support so we can keep these top tier events coming back to Texas!!!! It's 2 days of really fun autocross, parties, and just having a great time with your car

http://www.scca.com/events/1981912-2...-wells-prosolo

If you have not register what are your roadblocks?

Do you have to do all three days, or is Friday just optional stuff? I would like to go, but I don't want to have to take a day off.

I only live an hour away, I think I could pull it off without a hotel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast