Thread: 3M Clear Bra

Default 3M Clear Bra

Does anyone know a reputable local installer of these?

This is basically the 3M clear film that is cut to match teh countours of teh front of your car and protect it from rocks, scratches etc...

I'd really liek to look into getting this installed on the MS before I get any major chips. I like in an area where tehre's a lot of construction, s I figure this will be a worthwile investment....

TIA!

-Eric

Talk to Chris Fleming at the SCCA autocross this Sunday - his brother installs it. That, or talk to Gabby with the white STi - he got it done by Chris's brother, and had some of his business cards the last time I talked to him about it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

dumb question... who is Chris Fleming? Which car am I loking for?

and holy cr@p... I just re-read my post and you'd think I was drunk or something. I can't spell :)

ugh, I hate doing taxes.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Chris Fleming - Mr. #1 Suby dude? He used to drive "Conebasher", the bright yellow $60k Street Mod WRX?

Just look for the guy driving a silver STU Subaru Forester (yep, you read that right) with COBB plastered across the side of it. Can't miss it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Chris Fleming - Mr. #1 Suby dude? He used to drive "Conebasher", the bright yellow $60k Street Mod WRX?

Just look for the guy driving a silver STU Subaru Forester (yep, you read that right) with COBB plastered across the side of it. Can't miss it.
    Or a blue STI with SUBARU OF DALLAS on the hood, or a bright yellow WRX with COBB plastered across the side of it... We never know what he'll be driving...

ok.. I know the Subaru of Dallas car as well as the Cobb tuned yellow thing..

I am just horrible with names... Gimme cars and I'll be much better off
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

When you get it done, I'd love to see it... I'm thinking about the same thing for my Splash Green Mica...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

A clear bra? Can someone tell me where to get one? I'd like to get one for my girlfriend. :)

moderator note: we'll ignore that one!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The guys on the PCA list recomended this guy:
    The only guy to use (IMHO) for the clear shield is Ron Gorski. His number is (214) 536-1579 and he can give you a custom quote depending on how much you would like covered.
    They said he only does custom installs no kits. I've seen the kits and I would rather have rock chips. I plan on having my front end done after I repaint it. The work on 635 has chipped the hell out of the thing
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami