Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #8 - October 2, 2016 - Burleson

Ouch! But really, that camc guy got 3rd with his big ole car. So I don't see how you figure that

I liked the course and it was much better than the one at ER#1 which was just a WOT kink after the start then brake into left hander, launch out of the drainage ditch into the optional slalom, finishing with a left right into the finish. That was my first autocross and I had some serious doubts if it was something I wanted to keep doing. 3 hours of driving to and fro for that was kinda hard to swallow coming from HPDEs where I got an hour of track time in a day. This course had enough going on to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    This course wasn't that tight. You were just driving a giant mustang with a 4 cylinder and automatic.

Minimum speed for me was 25, 30, and 30mph in the 180s and 40mph in the slalom. Top speed of 50mph in multiple locations and 2 sections sustained WOT for 4 seconds. You were just driving a giant mustang with a 4 cylinder and automatic.
    On my best scratch run (hit 1st cone in opening slalom)

We averaged around 30MPH in each sweeper. Entered the "big" slalom around 44MPH. Top speed in the back section was 47MPH.

Again, the only people that suffer from overly tight courses are those of us who drive average to large vehicles. Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and the like are very popular. HP aside. When you drive civics and miatas all the time. It's hard to have the same perspective.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Do you even own an AX car? If not, buy a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Again, the only people that suffer from overly tight courses are those of us who drive average to large vehicles. Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and the like are very popular. HP aside. When you drive civics and miatas all the time. It's hard to have the same perspective.
    Maybe you have never actually driven an actual tight course. Here is a course I ran in Portland a month ago, these guys regularly make 40 second courses out of a lot half the size of Burleson:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRzDYkNXgA

As far as not driving large cars. I would be willing to bet that I have autocrossed more SUV's and Trucks than you have autocrossed Miatas and Civics.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    LOL! Why own what you can play with for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Maybe you have never actually driven an actual tight course. Here is a course I ran in Portland a month ago, these guys regularly make 40 second courses out of a lot half the size of Burleson:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRzDYkNXgA

As far as not driving large cars. I would be willing to bet that I have autocrossed more SUV's and Trucks than you have autocrossed Miatas and Civics.
    I feel sorry for those folks in Portland. Just because they do something, doesn't mean WE should. We are fortunate enough to have lots that most regions envy. I used to love running at PMS. And still enjoy the bus lot. I think the course designers learned over time. What was too much and what was too little. I'm hoping the same will hold true for BHS.

That being said, I also hope that we don't see a trend towards smaller courses just because other regions do so. That makes no sense.

I feel local courses should do these things:

1. Prepare National Competitors for national events
    2. Be fun to drive
    3. Provide parity among car types within reason.

Sure, having some odd ball elements and courses once in a while that may play favor to one vehicle is fine. Again, if it's only occasionally. And realistically, most sites end up offering enough variety in course size, layout and surface conditions to make sure that car types have a fairly equal chance throughout the year.

Dave, you've autocrossed more of EVERYTHING than I have lol!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I think everyone had a good time. I know I did in Tony's Mustang. I think the course worked out pretty well. The challenge is accepted to make the next one even better.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123