Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TCB Toyo T1-R's

Default TCB Toyo T1-R's

onlinetires.com has them on sale in 195/50/15 for $60 each

http://ec-securehost.com/OnlineTires...OXES_T1-R.html

I just ordered mine, I'll let you guys know what I think. They're supposed to have a thicker sidewall than the T1-S's, we shall see.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    onlinetires.com has them on sale in 195/50/15 for $60 each

http://ec-securehost.com/OnlineTires...OXES_T1-R.html

I just ordered mine, I'll let you guys know what I think. They're supposed to have a thicker sidewall than the T1-S's, we shall see.
    I was playing around with different quantities on the site to see if we could get a better deal if we ordered together. They won't show shipping prices on 6 or more tires... says you have to call them. The interesting thing is that they say 8 tires are 208 lbs. That's 26 lbs per tire. The Tire Weight database on Miata.net shows that the T1-S was 17.4 lbs. Did the T1-Rs really gain 8.6 lbs, or is OnlineTires helping to cover the low price by fudging with shipping charges?

OK... Toyo's spec sheet says 17 lbs. for T1R 195/50/15, so it sounds like Online tires is taking a little off the top of the shipping charges.

I'll agree with you. I figured they added some weight in or were actually putting them in boxes. 104lbs for 4 cost $45.33 to ship. Really not too bad if they're price gouging on shipping.

Can't wait to get them though.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

ordered mine
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I hope you have good luck with T-1R. My T1-S is a piece of sXXX :mad:
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    I hope you have good luck with T-1R. My T1-S is a piece of sXXX :mad:
    Really? I loved my T1-S... as street tires. They didn't do that well as street/AX tires, but just for the street, they were pretty nice. In fact, I'll probably go back to them (from the Azenis I now have) once I need new [street] tires. Unless I decide to give those Hankooks that tailchaser raves about a try. Anyway, what did you not like about them gab? I'm just curious...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

They don't grip at all in less than hot ambient temp.! Getting out of the back alley of my house in the morning in the winter and spring, a little more gas made the rear end slided out. Wheels spin at red light in the first couple of miles too. The worse is the wet grip.

Going to work I have to stop at a red light on top of the hill. Usually the sprinklers leave the asphalt wet (but no puddles). I have to start with 2nd gear to get going. On first grear, the rear wheels spin and the car goes side way! The tires are 1 year old with about 50% usable thread left.

I have no confidence on these tires at all in wet and cold! T1-S is a good summer tire; when it is dry and hot.

The only good thing I can say about these tires is the price. It is cheapest summer tires you can get when it is on sale.

May be the new compound takes care of the wet and cold grip problem.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    OK... Toyo's spec sheet says 17 lbs. for T1R 195/50/15, so it sounds like Online tires is taking a little off the top of the shipping charges.
    Just took a look at my tracking number via Fedex and sure enough, weight for two tires is 34 pounds. So Fedex and Toyo agree, Onlinetire taking some gravy.....
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Onlinetire taking some gravy.....
    Not that I agree with that move... but they figure they'll make it up somehow... rat bastards.

Just took a look at my tracking number via Fedex and sure enough, weight for two tires is 34 pounds. So Fedex and Toyo agree, Onlinetire taking some gravy.....
    Just for fun, do you have the dimensions and from zip? I would go out and see what the rate is from Fed-ex.

Just for fun, do you have the dimensions and from zip? I would go out and see what the rate is from Fed-ex.
    Well, you also gotta figure in their cost of labor, packing, and handling... everyplace out there does the same damned thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Well, you also gotta figure in their cost of labor, packing, and handling... everyplace out there does the same damned thing.
    I know... I would just like to see what there "handling" charge is.... By the way...Interesting Sig.

I know... I would just like to see what there "handling" charge is.... By the way...Interesting Sig.
    It should be listed on his invoice... I'd like to see it as well...

They're supposed to arrive today. I tried to look it up through the web site, but I don't have a zip or address to get a zip. So when they get here, I'll post the info.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    They don't grip at all in less than hot ambient temp.! Getting out of the back alley of my house in the morning in the winter and spring, a little more gas made the rear end slided out...
    Yeah but gab you can't run your adjustable shocks at full hard all around, and put 43 PSI in each tire and expect any grip...

The only complaint I've heard about the T1Ss is that they are a little soft on turn-in, so they should be great street tires (you're not driving 10/10ths on the street anyway, are you?). On the other hand, I'm not intereste in 195s, preferring something a bit more... meaty!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Inquiring minds wanted to know, well the verdict is in........

Online tire charged me $45.33 to ship the tires, Fedex's website with the right zip codes and correct weight comes out to $28.60.

So, what should I do? Call them and say what? I know what I plan to do, but thought I'd get some other opinions.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Inquiring minds wanted to know, well the verdict is in........

Online tire charged me $45.33 to ship the tires, Fedex's website with the right zip codes and correct weight comes out to $28.60.

So, what should I do? Call them and say what? I know what I plan to do, but thought I'd get some other opinions.
    Heck call, let us know what they say!

I'm betting they're going to tell you that the boxes to ship them in cost $16.95. But I've been known to be wrong...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast