Thread: Screens

Default Screens

I am sure I could run a search here or over at the big board, but you guys usually can save a guy some time and stupid mistakes. What do most people think of mesh type screens for the front air opening. I use some from the hardware store for the SM as I have been known to go Dirt Surfing occasionally. (No comments from the "peanut gallery", Merv ) I sure would hate to catch something in my IC. The knew Jag / Bentley screens are sort of cool looking in the front of those cars. That type of mesh (chromed ) might look good on a miata. If it is too thick I guess your airflow might be affected. I guess it was just one of those random thoughts that pooped up when I was blowing by a new Jag the other day.
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    I am sure I could run a search here or over at the big board, but you guys usually can save a guy some time and stupid mistakes. What do most people think of mesh type screens for the front air opening. I use some from the hardware store for the SM as I have been known to go Dirt Surfing occasionally. (No comments from the "peanut gallery", Merv ) I sure would hate to catch something in my IC. The knew Jag / Bentley screens are sort of cool looking in the front of those cars. That type of mesh (chromed ) might look good on a miata. If it is too thick I guess your airflow might be affected. I guess it was just one of those random thoughts that pooped up when I was blowing by a new Jag the other day.
    Mac
    I believe most agree that the mesh high flows like the one pictured below is probably OK, but most everything else blocks too much airflow.

This does seem to be the most common one we have seen hinding our beautiful intercooler.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    This does seem to be the most common one we have seen hinding our beautiful intercooler.

Gary
    Ouch! You gotta hate that!

I'll never understand why someone would want to hide that piece of automotive jewelry!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Ouch! You gotta hate that!

I'll never understand why someone would want to hide that piece of automotive jewelry!
    I was worried something might fly in and bend the fins.

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    I was worried something might fly in and bend the fins.
    Nope... sorry... I was making a inside reference to someone who'll go un-named that wants/ed to cover that nice intercooler... but, yes, that is quite the valid reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Nope... sorry... I was making a inside reference to someone who'll go un-named that wants/ed to cover that nice intercooler... but, yes, that is quite the valid reason!

Yeah that was for me.

Hey Bean.....

Last edited by Titus; 06-23-2005 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Perhaps the first pic was a little over the top.

I like the Buck Diamond Edition Forward Profile Grill. :afro:

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Last edited by Titus : Today at 08:09 PM. Reason: Perhaps the first pic was a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey...you were the one I was afraid would get and about it!