Thread: Engineering jobs?

Default Engineering jobs?

I have a friend who's looking for an engineering job in the DFW area. He's got a BSME and just over two years of experience in an automotive related design/manufacturing/management position. Relocation is already taken care of, he just needs a decent job!

Do you guys know of anything? He's been looking at Lockheed Martin pretty hard, but could really use a push in the right direction. Does anyone have any in's there?

Thanks guys!

As far as bigger companies?

Bell/Textron
    L-M (tough to break into, even with connections)
    Corning up in Keller (my company) I'd have to check to see what we're needing now... www.corning.com So far I haven't been to great with hooking peole up with jobs however.

Peterbilt up in Denton.
    International truck in garland
    There's a GM plant too, but I dunno if I'd suggest that right now
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

I've spent the last six months looking for an entry-level Engineering job in DFW, and I finally found one this month. My experience was that Vought, Bell, and Lockheed are all hiring, but that they are all difficult nuts to crack, even if you have connections to people up the food chain on the inside. I've had applications floating around inside Lockheed for the last four months attached to Chief Engineers, and not so much as a phone call.

In fact, the only recent graduates I know who have actually been hired by Bell or Lockheed had done multiple internships or co-ops with the companies.

I applied with Peterbilt and Corning as well, but a quick search doesn't show any current applicable Engineering listings with either company. L-3 Communications was trying to recruit aggressively through UTA this spring, but their only locations are in Greenville (waaaay east of Dallas) or Waco.

I just hired on with Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions in Garland. I start on the 11th, so I can't give any insight into what kind of company they'll be to work for, but I do know that they're growing aggressively right now, and they offered a very competitive salary and benefits package.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I just hired on with Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions in Garland. I start on the 11th, so I can't give any insight into what kind of company they'll be to work for, but I do know that they're growing aggressively right now, and they offered a very competitive salary and benefits package.
    They're a pretty good sized international company! Does this mean you'll be doing some traveling far and wide (with outlets in India, China, Japan and such)?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    They're a pretty good sized international company! Does this mean you'll be doing some traveling far and wide (with outlets in India, China, Japan and such)?
    I certainly could. Good thing I've got a valid passport!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Alright, I just checked what we've got posted now, and there's several Engineering openings...

(check R&D and Manufacturing &Engineering, not just the general engineering box)

https://careerss.corning.com/servlet...e=ER_VIEW_JOBS
    I see a few entry level; Ref# 011990, 011472, 011340

those are the ones I see....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Thanks a lot guys. I'll check everything out. I'll be sending out resumes next week, so I'll let any of you string pullers know asap. Thanks again.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    I'll be sending out resumes next week
    You or your friend?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    You or your friend?
    Yea I noticed that also!

My friend of course. I must have left my account signed in and that ***tard posted on my account!