Thread: Decent Honda Dealer? (Oxymoron)

Default Decent Honda Dealer? (Oxymoron)

I stopped by Huggins Honda in North Richland Hills to look at an S2000. They didn’t have one and tried to play it off as if it were made out of gold and had mystical powers. I promptly booked! The experience shored up my dislike of Honda dealers in N. Texas…… As far as I’m currently concerned the only Honda dealer in my opinion who is worth a ship is Forman’s on Grapevine Highway where I got my Honda mower!

Is there a decent Honda dealer where one could go and look at an S2000 without having to listen to all the mythical BS and tripe? I want to look at it, I want to drive it, and then maybe we can talk!

Also before you kids get your panties in a wad, I'm not committing to purchasing an S2000 at this point in time, I just want to give it a good look. We have a car where the lease is almost up and I just want to review all our options before I make a final decision on our transportation requirements.

TIA!

Default Re: Decent Honda Dealer? (Oxymoron)

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    ... before you kids get your panties in a wad, I'm not committing to purchasing an S2000 at this point in time, I just want to give it a good look...
    My lederhosen are in a wad, and I too have looked at -- and will continue to consider -- the S2000. I love my Miata, but I've always got an eye out for what's new and . MSMX5, Elise, S2000, etc.

As to which deal is OK, I can tell you that the NTS2KOC boyz-n-girls don't like Lute Riley (see this thread, among others). A number of them seem to like John Eagle Honda.

Now, I'll let you know that I have two Hondas at home, and both have been purchased at, and maintained primarily by... Lute Riley. I've never really had a bad experience with them, and I'm a pretty tough customer. I got both cars (a 1999 CR-V and a 2002 Odyssey) for prices that I thought were very competitive. OK, they played a few games here and there -- you've got to watch them just like any stealership -- but in the end, I think I paid fair prices for both vehicles. And as for their service, I don't feel that they've screwed me... at least not yet. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I'd be inclined to post this question on the S2000 board (I'd be glad to do that for you), and take their advise. They'd be the "experts" in the area. And just so you know, someone (David McDavid?) is opening a new Honda Stealership right down the road from me. We'll undoubtedly be giving them a try once they are open.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I think the key problem for me is dealing with any dealer's slack jawed sales dweebs. But maybe I'm being too harsh!

My experience is with my local Honda dealer (Huggins), and I'm not impressed!

I've been pleased with Lute Riley as well... Especially the $11.95 15 minute oil changes for the wife's car...

I think the key problem for me is dealing with any dealer's slack jawed sales dweebs. But maybe I'm being too harsh!

My experience is with my local Honda dealer (Huggins), and I'm not impressed!
    Huggins sales department is pretty pathetic, but their service department is OK. I've had Melissa's Accord, my old Prelude, and our old Civic all serviced there at one time or another without issue.

Have you tried David McDavid in Irving? I've bought two Hondas there (the Prelude, because Huggins were idiots, and my wife bought her Civic there way back when), and they also have a good service department - replaced my Prelude's tranny at 30k miles under warranty with no questions asked, even with a 5-point harness bolted into the car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

By the way...

For the cost of a new S2000, and considering that you've got three other perfectly servicable vehicles in the household, I'd be shopping for a Honda product, but it wouldn't be that one. Instead, I'd be looking for a low-mileage, early model NSX.

If Vivid balks at the thought of that, just remind her that it'll hold its resale value a lot better than any S2000!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    By the way...

For the cost of a new S2000, and considering that you've got three other perfectly servicable vehicles in the household, I'd be shopping for a Honda product, but it wouldn't be that one. Instead, I'd be looking for a low-mileage, early model NSX.

If Vivid balks at the thought of that, just remind her that it'll hold its resale value a lot better than any S2000!
    Her requirements call for a stick shift & a convertible. (BTW I asked, no substitutions will be accepted or considered!)

So no NSX for us, plus I don’t like the NSX It’s just doesn’t seem worth the insurance premium, I’d rather get a used or new Corvette Convertible.

... plus I don’t like the NSX...
    Blasphemer.

Don't get me wrong, I like the C5 Corvettes myself, but they're a dime a dozen around here. Take a ride in an NSX - it really is like a Japanese exotic. The engine right behind your head sounds fantastic, the view out over the nose is amazing, and the handling is impeccable. The fact that it's also dead nuts reliable (and a lot prettier inside than a C5) is just icing on the cake.

Even better is feeling like a movie star as everyone stares at you when you drive around.

Iain
    Iain

A search of Autotrader.com shows just a few used NSX's in the DFW area. The most cost effective is this one, and it's as old as the POS Racer!

1992 ACURA NSX, red, black int., 5spd., CD, new mask, K&N filter, 6K on Bridgestones, 89K, $2200+ spent on major 90K service, mint cond., own a exotic for only $26,500

That's a big no!