Thread: TCB tire mounting shop?

Default TCB tire mounting shop?

Did we ever come up with a place that charges a reasonable amount for mounting/balancing tires? Preferrably close-ish to North Ft Worth/Keller?

I picked up a set of MXs for the MSM when they were on sale awhile back.. Now I caught a nail in one of the nearly bald stock tires, so I figure I might as well put them on :)

Thanks!

Eric
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Did we ever come up with a place
    PM Sent.

I had talked to the managment at Discount Tire in Keller on Highway 377, and they will mount for cheap. Just tell them you are with SCCA or Miata Club. As I recall, it's 7.00 each. I would do it for you but I broke the mounting foot on my machine today trying to get Wayne Atkins ready for the Divisional in Houston this weekend...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    I had talked to the managment at Discount Tire in Keller on Highway 377, and they will mount for cheap. Just tell them you are with SCCA or Miata Club. As I recall, it's 7.00 each. I would do it for you but I broke the mounting foot on my machine today trying to get Wayne Atkins ready for the Divisional in Houston this weekend...
    well sweet, I like that deal even better... That's literally right across teh street from my office :)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    Alright, well I tried, but apparantly none of the guys working there had ever heard of that deal.... :ncool:

Since I was part of a 'club' he said he'd cut me a deal... $60 instead of the usual $80, but that was teh best he could do... Grrr...

Sadly, since I'd already unloaded it all etc I just went ahead and paid it. $10 mount, $5 balance. At least there wans't any extra fees on top of that..

I hate salesmen.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Alright, well I tried, but apparantly none of the guys working there had ever heard of that deal.... :ncool:

Since I was part of a 'club' he said he'd cut me a deal... $60 instead of the usual $80, but that was teh best he could do... Grrr...

Sadly, since I'd already unloaded it all etc I just went ahead and paid it. $10 mount, $5 balance. At least there wans't any extra fees on top of that..

I hate salesmen.
    Well imagine that. Another Discount Tire that offers one thing over the phone and then when you get there the price magically doubles. Just like the deal Sammm worked out at the Hurst store.

Fvck Discount Tire.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Fvck Discount Tire.

Easy, kemo suave*...

Al Cavan is still taking care of folks at the Discount Tire off of Ohio Drive and 121 in Plano/Frisco. So if you care to take the trip...

* It should be kemosabe, but suave is a play on words... it means smooth one in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Well imagine that. Another Discount Tire that offers one thing over the phone and then when you get there the price magically doubles. Just like the deal Sammm worked out at the Hurst store.

Fvck Discount Tire.
    Much like Your GoodYear store in Hurst, that will only honor the prices they quoted you and John, to you and John! :ncool:

Actually Sammm had them enter it in the computer at the Discount Tire in Hurst, the MME page has a bunch of tire purchases in "The System".

Not the closest location but Briscoe Tire here in Denton will charge you $9 a piece.

I got my Falkens mounted to my stock 16x6 rims here in Whitesboro at Happy Daves for 35$
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Actually Sammm had them enter it in the computer at the Discount Tire in Hurst, the MME page has a bunch of tire purchases in "The System".
    I told rx7eieio about the deal in Hurst, but he didn't go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I told rx7eieio about the deal in Hurst, but he didn't go that route.
    Yep, tha's true... I was going to go by there, but this was closer, so I opted not to.

FWIW, this discount tire is still better than the one by my old apt which wouldn't deal or anything, and probably woudl have charged me an extra $5 disposal fee etc etc...

From my experiance there is a significantly varied attitude towards customer satisfaction from store to store. I've had good luck, and bad luck.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

The hurst store has done it for 9 a tire both times Ive gone in the last two months.