Thread: Rolling fenders

Default Rolling fenders

My race wheels are rubbing on the new suspension, stocks are fine, but the offset of the wheels makes it rub on bad bumps. I ghetto rolled my rears with some plyers to keep the sharp edge from slicing my tires on the way to / from the last autocross, & while it isnt actually hurting the tires, it still rubs.

Does anyone have experience rolling fenders?? I know its a fairly simple procedure, but I dont want to fubar the rear fenders & I dont even have a bat.

Also, I think the fronts are rubbing on the plastic on the inside of the fender, particularly on the bumps around the bolts under there. Any idea how to remedy this??

Thanks guys.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Any idea how to remedy this??

Thanks guys.
    Different Rims, with a Miata freindly offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Does anyone have experience rolling fenders??
    I did this on my Passat... and being that the steel on the VW is thicker than that on the Miata it should be an easy to do.

I used a wood bat and a floor jack and had some success.

I've rolled fenders on a few cars including a 99 miata, with a fender rolling tool. It's really easy and nothing to worry about. I think it would be safer to rent a tool than use the old baseball bat method. There is tons of clearance to be had on a miata and the way the fender lip is you can pretty much fold it flat against the inside of the fender.

Just make sure you use plenty of heat with a heat gun so the paint won't crack. Let me know if you need any help. I think there is a place in Ft. Worth that you can rent one from.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'd be interested in that rolling tool myself. I got the new suspension and STS2 goodies on the CRX last week, and it has the possibility of rubbing under hard cornering loads. BTW, anyone have a set of 6 inch free length, 2.5 I.D., 500 lb/in coilover springs for sale? I know, take it to the parts department...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Ozcop, I've got a set of 375# 6" springs sitting in the garage if you ever need them.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub