Thread: radiator cap, shifter boot, stereo project

Default radiator cap, shifter boot, stereo project

I don't know why I kept fighting the suggestions for the radiator cap this past 2 weeks. I kept telling myself it was something crazy like a partilally blown head gasket, or the replacement thermostat was jacked. I changed it Friday and whala! no more bubbling in the overflow tank- YES!

My shifter boot i ordered from trussville came in Friday and I installed that. the original was in sad sad shape. after the easy installation, the noxious odors and heat were gone.

Moral of the story.. Have faith in the wisdom of the Miata Forums.

I thought I was going to miss my honda, but i've become quickly attached to this thing. i've worked hard all weekend replacing the factory stereo (those aftermarket install kits require lots of customizing to fit) and speakers with Polk 6.75 components (which require enlarging the speaker openings). I also bought the 6.5's (long story) which that require fabrication of an adaptor plate. Looks like the dremel is going to see the light of Sunday. Equally fun is trying to fish the new speaker wires through the rubber grommet in the door (i recommend weed eater tape (rec'd by another miate'er) or zip ties).

Alot more work than I thought, but it's been kind of fun getting everything just right and learning about the car during the process. Word to the Wise: Unplugging the harness under behind the glove box will disable your temperature, oil pressure, and rpm gauges. :afro:

Talking stereo

so if i get a new stereo for my NB, can you help me out?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    so if i get a new stereo for my NB, can you help me out?
    I'll say yes if I'm not busy, but since I own my own small business I usually am. hit me up.