Thread: I got $8000 free and clear

Wink I got $8000 free and clear

Saturday, I got a plain brown envelope with a Cashiers check for $8000 made out to me. I'm not owed $8,000 by anyone, certainly not from Russia (where the stamps and postmark was from). So, I took the check to the bank and talked with the Assistant Branch manager about the check and ... sure'nuf, it's a bad check! So the Fraud Department is going to investigate.

I've not got any e-mails or letters yet, but I'm expecting one, as I'm guessing the criminals are going to try and extort some money from me.

What a world, what a world.....
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

That is scary, when I was renting out a room in my house I would get these emails from people saying they wanted to rent the room and someone in the USA was going to send me a check but they needed to be cashed back some of the money so they can get a plane ticket.. I feel bad for someone that falls for it..

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Saturday, I got a plain brown envelope with a Cashiers check for $8000 made out to me. I'm not owed $8,000 by anyone, certainly not from Russia (where the stamps and postmark was from)
    We had one very similar to that show up in the mail here at the World Headquarters, our bank figured it was some sort of a scam to get our bank routing numbers.

We never did have anyone contact us wanting to know what happened to the cashiers check.....