Thread: Integra Most Stolen Car; Marauder No. 8!?!?

Default Integra Most Stolen Car; Marauder No. 8!?!?

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The Acura Integra is the favorite of car thieves, according to a report released Tuesday by a firm that tracks auto theft claims.

The report by CCC Information Services tracks theft claims for 2004 based on make and model year, and it found that one of every 200 registered 1999 Acura Integras was stolen last year, making it the most stolen model.

In addition, Integras from model years 1995 through 1998 took four of the other top 9 positions on the list. The 1994, 2000 and 2001 Integra models also make the top 20 list. The list ranks vehicles by the percentage of registered vehicles stolen, rather than by gross number of thefts.

"We cannot determine with absolute certainty the reason why thieves steal some vehicles over others, but we see trends in the data that provide interesting insight," said Carole Comstock, CCC's vice president of marketing and product management. "For instance, our data suggests some cars are stolen for the value of their parts, which may explain why we often see a 'clustering' effect with same make and model vehicles from sequential model years."

Comstock said a growing interest in street car racing could also be feeding the thieves demand for Integra. That reason for thefts could explain why the 2002 BMW M Roadster is the No. 2 car on the list, as well as why the 2004 Mercury Marauder comes in at No. 8.

The top 10 list is rounded out by the 1991 GMC V2500 at No. 4, the 2002 Audi S4 at No. 5 and the 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600 at No. 10.

The popularity of different Integra models with thieves made Acura the most stolen make of 2004, followed by Hummer, Land Rover, Daewoo and Honda.

The top three vehicle segments with the highest rate of theft rates in 2004 were the full size sport/utility Vehicles, such as the Cadillac Escalade; the upper midsize sedans, including the Integra; and the prestige luxury segment, such as Bentley and Mercedes Benz.

Top 25

1 1999 Acura Integra

2 2002 BMW M Roadster

3 1998 Acura Integra

4 1991 GMC V2500

5 2002 Audi S4

6 1996 Acura Integra

7 1995 Acura Integra

8 2004 Mercury Marauder

9 1997 Acura Integra

10 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600

11 2001 Acura Integra

12 1989 Chevrolet R25

13 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

14 1994 Acura Integra

15 1996 Lexus GS

16 2000 Acura Integra

17 1999 Mercedes-Benz CL

18 1996 Lexus SC

19 2004 Cadillac Escalade

20 1996 BMW 750

21 1998 Land Rover Range

22 1994 Audi Cabriolet

23 2001 BMW M Roadster

24 2003 Cadillac Escalade

25 2000 Honda Civic

------------------------------

Not totally sure I believe these results, nor the "street racing" explanation for the Marauder. Then again, there was a Marauder at the SCCA event on Sunday...

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    there was a Marauder at the SCCA event on Sunday...
    And what a :pig: it was!

The Mercury Marauder is a bad ass car, it has a DOHC 4.6 cobra engine under the hood, and all Cobra Performance mods bolt right on..

Its easy to get a low 12 sec Marauder and beat the pants off just about everything..

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    Its easy to get a low 12 sec Marauder and beat the pants off just about everything..
    Except a Cobra with the same performance mods. So why not just steal the Cobra?

Are family guys big into the stolen car market?

S.

The Marauder is more Bling bling status i guess.. I would rather have an 03 Cobra then a Marauder..

that had to been done by percentage or something... How many '02 M-roadsters did they make? Liek 500?? vs the 250,000 Civics per year...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

it could all be BS so they can charge us more..

I actually saw a story about this on channel 8 tonight. showed several integra pics
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I actually saw a story about this on channel 8 tonight. showed several integra pics
    Every station should have had that story... most easy stories like this will get quick media attention. Especially when they can Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V the text from the press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Every station should have had that story... most easy stories like this will get quick media attention. Especially when they can Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V the text from the press release.
    ctrl-c ctrl-v???? oh I had to look at my microsoft natural keyboard to figure it out.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

The list ranks vehicles by the percentage of registered vehicles stolen, rather than by gross number of thefts
    So if someone had stolen a Yugo it would have been #1 on this list!

You cant steal a new Camaro hehe..

The 02 Chevy Camaro LS1 had 320 RWHP stock and ran a 12.9 from the Factory all motor.. it is said god himself made that engine..

The 02 Chevy Camaro LS1 had 320 RWHP stock and ran a 12.9 from the Factory all motor.. it is said god himself made that engine..
    Last I remember God was more of a saddle maker... I think he took His ride to the garage that Job owned.

Everyone wants them free LS heads for lower compression on the integ..

The Marauder is more Bling bling status i guess..
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. If you look at the demographics of car thieves, it would support your "bling bling" explanation for why it made the list. The Marauder fits the gangsta look IMO, therefore a target to be stolen by gangstas.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

What?! Not what I've heard from all the Camaro/Vette buddies. Great motor in stock form, but if you want to mod it and go fast the motor has some major downfalls, such as very poor oiling system for the main bearings under high hp/high rpms...I think I remember that correctly, been awhile since I sold the Z. Plus you have to pull the damn heads to get to the lifters, just like the new vette motor!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

yeah once you start making huge power with a power adder you will break things..