Thread: '06 Accord Sedan w/6MT?

Default '06 Accord Sedan w/6MT?

From TOV:

Many folks have been wondering why Honda never offered a 6-speed option for the Accord V6 sedan, and now according to hondapreview.com it seems you will be able to get one configured that way when the '06 models go on sale.

If true, it would logically be fitted with 17" wheels and possibly (hopefully) an uprated suspension. This could also open the door for the Si model that we've been asking for from Honda.

This would be great news. The 6MT Accord Coupe is quite fast. Being able to choose a 6-speed Accord Sedan would be the best of many worlds: decent pace; Honda reliability, steering, and ergonomics; and room for the family.

An Si model sounds pretty optimistic, but the 6-speed is believable.

S.

I would love to have a 4 door accord with a 6 speed manual..
    What im waiting for is a 6 speed SMG like the BMW 3 series then id be sold..

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    I would love to have a 4 door accord with a 6 speed manual..
    What im waiting for is a 6 speed SMG like the BMW 3 series then id be sold..
    an SMG in an Accord?? Doesn't that stike anyone as odd?

Kinda like a Camry F1 or something...

The epitome of practical nonsporting cars with an SMG? I just don't see that one selling...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Your standard BMW 3 series has it, and most sedans today come with some kind of steptronic wannabe.. might as well make a real one..

Your standard BMW 3 series has it, and most sedans today come with some kind of steptronic wannabe.. might as well make a real one..
    BMW touts themselves as 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' and the real SMG is only availble on the M3 (in the 3 series chassis..) You can get their STEPTRONIC manumatic, but it's hardly an SMG..

Most autos out there are manumatic of some sort now, but that's hardly an SMG either, just an auto that lets you tell it when to shift.

A Real SMG is going to be an EXPENSIVE option... And it's going on an Accord.. I don't see people going for that. IF they want to spend more money, they'll buy teh hybrid accord... A CVT maybe... An SMG? nope.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

No its not an option on your standard BMW 3 series and I think Toyota MR2 has one also..

But if I remember right, they still use a torque converter..

No its not an option on your standard BMW 3 series and I think Toyota MR2 has one also..

But if I remember right, they still use a torque converter..
    No, the MR-Spyder system is a true clutchless manual - no torque converter involved.

The E46 3 Series (the one they just stopped producing) was never available with SMG outside of the M3. The new E90 3 Series (the one that just came out) is available with SMG, iirc.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

And speaking of unlikely combinations, I think Volkswagen is now offering their DSG (dual clutch automated manual trans) with the TDI (turbodiesel) engine in the Golf/Jetta/NewBeetle platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    And speaking of unlikely combinations, I think Volkswagen is now offering their DSG (dual clutch automated manual trans) with the TDI (turbodiesel) engine in the Golf/Jetta/NewBeetle platform.
    It wouldn't be long before VW and Audi shared their trannies... the nice stuff always trickles down in the VWAG.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    No, the MR-Spyder system is a true clutchless manual - no torque converter involved.

The E46 3 Series (the one they just stopped producing) was never available with SMG outside of the M3. The new E90 3 Series (the one that just came out) is available with SMG, iirc.

Yep, the MR2 one is actually cool.... But it's in a sports car, not an Accord.

Actually... Has anyone done a real clutchless setup in a FWD car yet?? I can't think of one?? The DSG is AWD only, isn't it? Eitherway, it's in the new A3 (~$25-30k,) so putting it in VWs isn't much of a stretch

BMW's site makes no mention of teh SMG, but R&T says "SMG will be available on the 330i in September. "
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

The A3 is currently only available in North America with front-wheel drive, and the DSG 'box is an option with that drive configuration.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw