Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be interested

4 33.33%
  • Not interested

2 16.67%
  • I'd be interested if it were closer to Dallas

1 8.33%
  • What's wrong with you, boy? Look at you, staring at Daisy Duke with *lust* in your heart!

5 41.67%

Thread: Dukes of Hazzard Movie Adventure

Default Dukes of Hazzard Movie Adventure

Trying to gauge interest in this. Please vote accordingly.

Proposal:

Dinner at CPK in Grapevine, followed by the new Dukes of Hazzard movie at Tinseltown Grapevine.

Saturday, August 13. Dinner at 6:00p. Movie afterwards.

Thanks.

S.
    Last edited by srivendel; 08-05-2005 at 08:33 AM.

I'd be interested in the dinner portion of the evening, but not interested in seeing the movie.

Our movie critic came back with nothing but bad things to say about this movie and, I hate to admit, lately she's been spot on with her reviews.

Although I have seen the preview of Jessica Simpson's music video and all I can say is "Wow"!

I think this has to be billed under "Good Stupid Fun". The movie is clearly pretty bad. But that doesn't mean the evening wouldn't be fun.

S.

A thread about the Fast and the Furious on the board reminded me that a movie can be inaccurate, contain bad writing/acting, and be unfaithful to an original and still be entertaining. I am hoping that this falls into the group.

"Happily, the director of the feature, Jay Chandrasekhar, is less enamored with the original show than with what the original show ought to have been. In the movie, the yee-haw momentum doesn't slacken for too-earnest dialogue scenes. The script by John O'Brien (from a story by O'Brien and Jonathan L. Davis) has one foot planted in farce and the other not planted in anything. Whenever they're backed into a corner, the never-say-die Duke cousins, Bo (Seann William Scott) and Luke (Johnny Knoxville), dive headlong into their indestructible Dodge Charger, "the General Lee," and hurtle through a series of obstacle courses before (inevitably) soaring through the air while police cars disintegrate behind them."

3bean, how can you not want to see this??

S.

Robin & I are out...

Goin' on an organized fossil hunt with some folks from the Dallas Zoo.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Robin & I are out...

Goin' on an organized fossil hunt with some folks from the Dallas Zoo.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    3bean, how can you not want to see this??

S.
    What can I say? I'm a stickler for the original!*

That being said, I'd like to see a CHiPs remake!

And by original I mean the original Dukes, not those other awful fake cousins of nephews sisters sons that replaced the actors for a season.

Dukes is a pretty good flick if you aren't into being educated by the film (duh).
    After checking it out late Thursday night, I'll recommend that you see it at matinee rate if possible.
    Campy, cheesy, and somewhat worthwhile. It's no Blazing Saddles or anything, but generally entertaining.
    ...and no, I don't offer refunds for ticket purchases.
    Count me as a "maybe" for this little adventure.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That being said, I'd like to see a CHiPs remake!

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    "Happily, the director of the feature, Jay Chandrasekhar, is less enamored with the original show than with what the original show ought to have been."
    Yeah, what did the TV folks know? Dukes went for 7 seasons and 140+ episodes, which is an eternity in TV terms. I'm glad we have a no-name director that's gonna set things straight... I'm not interested in either the series or the Movie, but to imply that the TV series wasn't successful is juz plain 'ol stoopid, Cooter.

Having said that, I'd like to join the MME crowd, but I've got plans already...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)