Thread: TCB Alignment

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Unhappy TCB Alignment

Don't tell me to do a search -- I know what I want.

Firestone Service Center has a Lifetime Alignment for $169 - on sale now for $139.

I have been to 3 different stores to get the deal. They all said I could have it aligned daily if I wanted. Everything is good until I mention not using the standard specs. The first store said, "OK, but not for the sale price." The other two stores have said, "NOPE. We'll do a one time, but not the lifetime deal."

I finally asked the guy at the last store why and he said his service manager was "afraid I'd be racing it."
    I said, "Well yeah, what difference does that make?"
    "Just our policy." was the answer.

Does that make sense to anybody here?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Don't tell me to do a search -- I know what I want.

Firestone Service Center has a Lifetime Alignment for $169 - on sale now for $139.

I have been to 3 different stores to get the deal. They all said I could have it aligned daily if I wanted. Everything is good until I mention not using the standard specs. The first store said, "OK, but not for the sale price." The other two stores have said, "NOPE. We'll do a one time, but not the lifetime deal."

I finally asked the guy at the last store why and he said his service manager was "afraid I'd be racing it."
    I said, "Well yeah, what difference does that make?"
    "Just our policy." was the answer.

No.

Perhaps they're afraid of being liable in some strange way... either that or they're afraid of abuse.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Do a search!

Call the Firestone over here on 303. Talk to Joe (I think that's his name) the manager. I got the lifetime deal and get to provide my own specs.

Car's lifetime or your lifetime?

If the former I assume that's non transferable to a new owner.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Do a search!

Call the Firestone over here on 303. Talk to Joe (I think that's his name) the manager. I got the lifetime deal and get to provide my own specs.
    That's where I started. Yes but not at the sale price. Then they rotated the tires on the company vehicle & changed the oil without checking tire pressures. One tire was low when I got there, and it was low when I left

The one in Grand Prairie said they will do it. I'll see when I show up.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I asked a local, to me, tire shop here and got the same story. Lifetime for $70, but if I profide specs, it's a onetime deal.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Do a search!

303? where the heck is that? wonder if there's any Firestone places near Garland or Plano that will do the same deal. Lifetime alignment is exactly what I need. I'm constantly swapping something out or doing something to jack up the alignment!

Do they offer the lifetime deal with coilovers or does that void it?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    ...wonder if there's any Firestone places near Garland or Plano that will do the same deal.
    Tailchaser has a Firestone in Plano that he gets his done at... you'll have to do a quick search to find which particular one.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    303? where the heck is that?
    Texas. Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Tailchaser has a Firestone in Plano that he gets his done at... you'll have to do a quick search to find which particular one.
    Cool, I'll have to check that out since I'll need a new alignment in a week.

Since we're talking about alignments...FM is refunding my springs and sending me GC so, if I lower the car at the track then raise it back afterwards will the alignment be back in spec?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...