1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scarborough Faire on 5/29

1 100.00%
  • Scarborough Faire on 5/22

0 0%

Thread: Renaissance Festival

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default Renaissance Festival

My new bride and I were talking about riding down to Waxahachie to check out http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com

Kid friendly

Adult beverages

Live entertainment

Neat crafts and stuff to buy
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I might be game for that. Melissa and I usually go, but we've managed to miss it the last couple of years.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Looks like we're going on 5/22 if we go.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Well onething that sounds like fun. I would be more apt to say the 29th would be a good day. I know most people have monday the 31st off so they will probably take a short vacation. Ms. Shortstuff has a recital on the 22nd so that would leave us out for that day.

I'm pretty sure I could go on the 29th, and pretty sure I can't make the 22nd. I've actually already been this year (no... I left my lederhosen at home ), but I'd be up for it again -- it's a lot of fun!

Well, that's about right. I organize a Valentine Day run and everybody bails because the grass turns white.
    Then I offer a Ren Fest run and everybody wants to go on the weekend I can't because my niece is graduating. If I hadn't just won the popularity contest here, I'd take it personal. :P

The only thing about the 29th is it is the last weekend. I went on the last weekend once before, and a lot of the folks were either packing up or already gone.

Do what you want and have a good time...