Thread: ipod shuffle and stock tape player

Default ipod shuffle and stock tape player

Is there anyway to EASILY hook an ipod shuffle to my stock miata tape player? Don't wanna put an aftermarket stereo in it, and really don't want to have my CD's in it; for the fear of being stolen

Quote Originally Posted by FstFrd00
    Is there anyway to EASILY hook an ipod shuffle to my stock miata tape player? Don't wanna put an aftermarket stereo in it, and really don't want to have my CD's in it; for the fear of being stolen
    Buy the FM modulator that sits on top of the iPod. It uses a small power FM transmitter to transmit to your stock radio. It usually uses a channel in the lower end of the FM band.

Quote Originally Posted by FstFrd00
    What year Miata? If you've got a CD changer port on the back of the unit, there are adapters that work much better than the FM modulators.

http://www.gweep.net/~sfoskett/miata/audiopins/

has some pinout references for various year Miatas.

For the NB's, check out sylfex.com for an input solution, although wait-listed folks like me will be lucky to get one in the next month or so...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton