Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping anyone?

Default Camping anyone?

I am just curious if anyone on this forum has ever done a drive/ camping trip somewhere kind of in a 2-3 hundred mile radius of the Metromess?
    I would love to do something like this , this Fall.
    Would anyone else be interested in doing such a thing?
    I could bring guitar and keys and me and my wife are bothe acomplished vocalists, so we could do the entertaining and we could hike and or drive some out of town twistys while on the adventure, anyway this is something I have been needing to do for two years to re-charge my batteries (ie get back to nature).
    We used to do this sort of thing at least 4 times a year but life has gotten more and more hectic and it's taken a toll on my sanity, so I need to get away.
    Just curious if anyone else might want to do something like this, maybe if so we can start putting something together now.
    Whatdoyathink?
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We used to go camping all the time. I've decided my bed is much more comfortable than the ground. I've got a bunch of camping stuff for sale if anyone is interested.

I might go....What Hotel would we be staying at?:)

Last edited by riverracer; 08-23-2005 at 06:42 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

PM me a list of what you have Sammm I need some stuff for my setup, and would likely be interested in something you have that I dont.
    Jerry they do have Cabins in some places we could go like Turner Falls, Ok.
    A lot of nice hiking and twisty's in that area as well.
    99 Miata Black

Arrow camping

i've never really gone camping, i considered it camping when i would go sleep over at my aunt's house in Mexico, lol... they had the whole fire thing going and the hunting for rabbits and those sorts of things...
    What kind of day do you have in mind? or how many days would the trip last?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I am thinking one day and one night or two at the most.
    That would give enough time to do some hiking, sitting by the campfire chit chatting, playing some music, and of coarse driving some curvy out of town roads.
    My wife was a girlscout leader for years and knows some interesting ways of cooking food in the fire, I also can cook up some good grub.
    99 Miata Black

Talking awesomeness

post a date so i can plan for it, lol...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Well I was thinking sometime this Fall, I would like to go when its not too hot in the day and not freezing at night, that makes it kind of hard to plan out....but if I had to guess I would say sometime in mid October.
    99 Miata Black

I'm going to move this over to the Impromptu section when ya get a firm date, let us know!

Thanks POS
    99 Miata Black

I have an extra tent now if anyone would like to borrow one for the Camping trip sometime in October I am thinking.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    We should rename this to "Pitch A Tent With Billy Blaze!"
    Does that mean you have dibs on the extra tent Bean?
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Hey I like it!

That's a great idea...lol

If we go to Mineral Wells State Park we can do some Rock Climbing or Cannoing.
    They also have electric outlets at every camp site.

Or as I mentioned there are some really kewl primative sites with awesome views and twistys in Turner Falls Ok.
    (my personal choice)

I am thinking mid to late October.
    99 Miata Black

id prefer the primitive sites. my parents have been to turner falls, they said that it was great.

sounds like a good time.

Dont wanna rain on anybody's parade, but a friend of mine went to Turner Falls last summer with his family, but him, and the entire family all got some kind of stomach virus from there.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I guess some of you just didn't get the joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Me, the jackass

1. To pitch a tent -

To have an erection while lying down so that the sheets covering you pop up like a tent with a pole in the middle.

Peter: "Wanna go camping this weekend?"
    Quagmire: "The only tent I'm gonna be pitching this weekend is...well you see where I'm going with this one...awwwwwww riiiight!"

I got it, but I wasnt sure if I should say anything.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast