Thread: Hallett report...

Default Hallett report...

Once again, the Arkansas club put on a great event. They had more door prizes than people. They didn't have a gret turn out and may not do it next year. The car made it up there and back, but on long a long road trip, new problems arose with the turbo. First thing is to get a catch can and see if we can figure out I have some oil blow by or seals in the turbo going out. It did start to get hot, so we took the thermostat out and that helped get through all the track sessions. I had to take it easier in the afternoon due to heat, but I had a blast, as usual, and picked up 4 seconds or so from last year. 1:45 was my lowest, not great, but pretty good for me nursing the car and hitting some traffic. Tom Reynolds, a new mexico autocrosser, in a 99' CSP car had a 1:37 (has only been on one other track), so did Eddie from Adrenaline Racing, in the same car, lowest time the instructor group was a 1:39.
    I had fun, the car got me there and back, and the turbo was fun on the track.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Glad to hear you had a good time up there, Sharpie!

I'd be really sad if they didn't do it again next year. I thoroughly enjoyed the first year's event (especially the drinking! ), and I was really disappointed to miss it this year.

Were Tommy & Eddie on street tires?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

yep, street tires, Azenis 15".
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

That sounds like a ton of fun. Gonna have to do a track day one of these days.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

The damned door prizes are what's jacking the price up and keeping poor college kids like myself from going. I can go to Hallet at the end of the month and have all day for $75!
    $150 vs $75 That's why I didn't go; short on money so I'll take the cheaper route.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

It's not the door prizes, those are all donated. The cost are the dinner and the event hotel and a t-shirt, plus the lack of participants. They're not trying to make money, just trying to have some seed money to make sure they have enough to get things going for the next. $75 is a steal, I'd make the drive again for that price.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    . . .poor college kids like myself. . .

Heres to being a poor college kid!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13

Heres to being a poor college kid!
    Here's to no longer being a poor college kid!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw