Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a name for my new Miata-only parts website!

Default Need a name for my new Miata-only parts website!

Hey ladies and gents:

I am prepping a new parts site for Miata-only items. I am having a tough time coming up with a good name.

I am working on supplier deals at the moment. This could come to fruition in 6 weeks or so...as soon as all the contracts are done. Current contacts include: Jackson Racing, Brainstorm, Tein, Kumho, Goodridge, Katskinz, ACT, and several others. If there are any you would like to see included, please let me know.

The concept is to offer parts and accessories for a minimal fee over cost(somewhere in the 40-50% range) that will drop-ship direct from the manufacturers to your door. Current mark-up by folks like Moss and FM are close to 200%!

For club members, such as DFWMiata.com members, I will cut the mark-up in half.

There are no plans as of yet for a print catalog, but with on-demand printing prices being as cheap as they are it is not out of the question.

Additionally, there will be a fairly extensive line of Miata-related clothing items. Polo-type shirts, jackets, and slogan t-shirts.

There will be a healthy dose of attitude in the custom stuff. Things like..."This ain't your girlfriend's Miata...but she is riding shotgun!"

Shoot your name ideas to me. When this gets running, I will definitely be throwing out some freebie swag to help get the name out there.

Thanks,

Mike
    Never raise your hands to your children...it leaves your groin unprotected!

I would expect nothing less!

I am leaning toward Miatarama.com.

Any vibes on that one?

Mike
    Never raise your hands to your children...it leaves your groin unprotected!

Quote Originally Posted by crna2be
    ....new parts site for Miata-only items.

.....I am having a tough time coming up with a good name.

.....The concept is to offer parts and accessories for a minimal fee over cost...
    You may want to consider a URL that conveys both of your central themes. These are the ideas that came to me off the cuff:

DiscountMiata.com
    DiscountMiataParts.com
    CheapMiata.com
    CheapMiataParts.com
    BestPriceMiata.com
    CostPlusMiata.com (not sure if there would be copyright issues)
    MiataMart.com (Not Available )

I think you would be best off with the shortest name possible, but I am not sure if CheapMiata.com is right just to save a few letters. I would probably go with DiscountMiata.com. It may not be very sexy, but it is short enough that people will remember it and will associate your site with the value you are offering. Also, I vote that the person who comes up with the name gets everything for cost!

How about brokenmiata.com!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

How about www.Miata-OnlyParts.com ? :monkey:

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

www.TCBMiataParts.com

I'm sure the TCB President would grant you permission if certain incentives were offered.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I'm wondering, would there be a dfwmiata.com member discount?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Read much Sparky.......

not really no, why?

just kidding, I read that part right after I posted. Oh well.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

not really no, why?

just kidding, I read that part right after I posted. Oh well.
    Not the shiniest penny in the basket are ya!

"Years later, doctors will tell me that I have an IQ of 40"
    Brick
    "Anchorman"

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Might be for those of us who read
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Just a comment. Mazda said they where not going to use the Miata name in USA anymore. It will be called the MX-5 which is what the rest of the world calls the Miata.

I checked. http://www.mx5parts.com/

That name is taken by a european company.

You might also consider supplying more than Miata stuff. RX-8 stuff might be a tie in since the wheel bolt pattern and the NC should be the same. Some of the suppliers you talked about carry parts for both cars.

Do what ever you want it is your show.
    Best of luck on your venture.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Just a comment. Mazda said they where not going to use the Miata name in USA anymore. It will be called the MX-5 which is what the rest of the world calls the Miata.
    I was thinking about this very same thing on the way home... The smart move would be 2 domain names pointing to the same site... something like DiscountMX5.com and DiscountMiata.com. These are both currently available. DiscountMiata.com would be set to automatically send the customer to DiscountMX5.com. It would only cost you an extra $20 a year, and it would be well worth it.

How important is the domain name?

My companies website statistic software show very little of my traffic comes in from people typing up my web address of harrisonindustrial.com, but I get a ton of traffic thanks to my keywords describing what we offer.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 08-29-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    How important is the domain name?

My companies website statistic software show very little of my traffic comes in from people typing up my web address of harrisonindustrial.com, but I get a ton of traffic thanks to my keywords describing what we offer.
    I think there are a few different things playing into this here. If I want to buy a $10 book, I am going to type in amazon.com and buy my book. I have been there before and this isn't my first book purchase. I don't need to run a search to find them... I just type it in. If I am looking for a Muratec Wiedemann VECTRUM 3046 punch press, I am going to be doing a little research on the net first. I will likely get to you via a referral link or via a search engine. When it is time to upgrade to the VECTRUM 5058, I am going to pick up the phone and give Mick a call. I don't remember his web address, and I can't buy it from his website anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast