Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody seen the new Saturn Sky?

Default Anybody seen the new Saturn Sky?

I just caught a glance at this car coming out in 06, looks more like what I thought the next Gen Miata would look like.
    I think from a glance it looks pretty kewl, unsure about the front end however.
    But overall I thought the car looked pretty sweet, and has a 2.4 engine too.
    But I am only talking from a quick glance, I am interested to see what one will look/ perform like when they come out.
    99 Miata Black

Sorry for posting that in the wrong section.

So has anyone seen this car?
    99 Miata Black

Yea Billy many of have seen it go visit Saturn.com lots of information is available on Saturn's site.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 08-29-2005 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Fixed the Linky!

Pretty nice...........

bilsteins
    forged a-arms
    hollow sway bars
    164 lb-ft torque
    245 tires on 18" wheels

Unfortunately, I think it is 400# heavier than a Miata.....OOPS....MX-5 :)

Yeah, it's the Satun version of the Solstice. Same car, different body panels basically. If anyone goes to car shows then they should've seen the Sky and Solstice at the DFW Auto Show, of course the Miata was MIA.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    ... a Miata.....OOPS....MX-5 :)
    I could've sworn that all the materials I've seen in the US have said MX-5 Miata... <sigh>

Guess we'll have to start typing www.dfwmx5.com...

</sigh>
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser

</sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I could've sworn that all the materials I've seen in the US have said MX-5 Miata... <sigh>

</sigh>

Very nice!!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I think I like the front-end and body lines of the Sky better than the Solstice.

Sky -

Solstice -

If you have a TiVo, they're showing a menu ad for it that includes a 3 or 5 minute advertisement. The fine print is that the one you're seeing in the ad (and on the Saturn site) is actually the concept car (and not the final production car). That said, everyone says they're going to be very, very similar.

I agree that the Sky looks better than the Solstice. I'm afraid that with all that rubber they might well be AX contenders.

...But I'm really afraid of having to admit that Saturn is going to produce a decent looking car. :)

C

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    But I'm really afraid of having to admit that Saturn is going to produce a decent looking car. :)
    I know! It's like the anti-Ion. I sort of really want one. If the body panels were plastic it would be perfect, because then I wouldn't have to be Mr. Anal about parking it, like I am with the Miata.

I also like the Sky's interior better than the Solstice:

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I agree... the Sky is looking the nicer alternative.
    It looks way better than the Pontiac!

How did this happen!

I think the general consensus is that the Sky looks much better..

As long as they don't give the thing *too* soft of a suspension and too litle power (supposed to be 170 vs Solstic 178, and a softer suspension) I think this car will handidly outsell the Solstice..
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Thumbs down Wrong!!!

I like the Pontiac better inside and out. Maybe its an old school thing, but the Soltice's front looks like an old Jag. The Sky interior looks like it came from a Japanese cartoon.

OTOH - I saw nothing I liked about the new MX5 until I saw it in person. I'd have to be impressed by the way it drives before I gave up my '01 for any of them.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Yea I think the sky looks much nicer. Solstice dosent look too bad, but the interior is mega
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

i saw the sky and solstice in person on sunday at the autoshow in motion. the sky was the ONLY car at the show that had a fence around it that you could not sit in.

i got a bunch of pics. the sky looks better by far, but i dont know about the taillights. they look a little funny. theyd look better if the silver was body color instead.

Are you going to share these pics?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast