Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage Door Openers...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Nah... Papa John's stinks... I'm thinking Campisi's!
    That paper thin crap? I am stuck with that all the time at work because they are the only ones that deliver to our office. I love some of the other dishes they have but the pizza is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    That paper thin crap? I am stuck with that all the time at work because they are the only ones that deliver to our office. I love some of the other dishes they have but the pizza is for the birds.
    It's gotta be better than Papa John's...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Gee - Bean - I chose the pizza supplier at my house, nobody whined, and everybody ponied up.

I just want to learn about openers at your house before installing one at mine
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Gee - Bean - I chose the pizza supplier at my house, nobody whined, and everybody ponied up.

I guess there is more respect for the elders!

Not to mention that fact that there is nothing as fun as poking Bean with a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    ...everybody ponied up.

Which reminds me... I owe TC $4!

Talking

UPDATE:

Finally had some time and put the damned thing up last night... not too bad of a job. Just rather time consuming. This thing is way quieter than my last opener and much quicker too!

If anyone's in the market for a replacement opener, I'd strongly suggest the Genie brand. Good stuff!

UPDATE:

Finally had some time and put the damned thing up last night... not too bad of a job. Just rather time consuming. This thing is way quieter than my last opener and much quicker too!

If anyone's in the market for a replacement opener, I'd strongly suggest the Genie brand. Good stuff!
    So how much did you pay for this bad boy?

So how much did you pay for this bad boy?
    About $180... but we went nuts at Home Depot and purchased all sorts of stuff to fill my to do list/already finished list. For example, I bought an outdoor shed (nicely hidden by my and my neighbors fences and trees!) and already have it filled with the lawn stuff (clearing out some space in the garage!)

The garage door opener is a the screw drive model. It came with two three button remotes, a snazzy lockable wall unit, and an outdoor keypad. It's fast and quiet.

Installation wasn't all that difficult... the biggest problem was setting the lowering/raising thresholds (mainly try, try again...) But overall, it was fairly simple. Although it helps to have a second set of strong hands to hold the motor unit, a ladder and a bucket served the purpose well.

Although it helps to have a second set of strong hands to hold the motor unit, a ladder and a bucket served the purpose well.
    You should have called....I feel like I was screwed out of bad free pizza!

[off topic]
    Ok... so I am too lazy to go over to the PM screen.... Do you still want to buy the beatrush pan? Some guy from Arkansas expressed interest via PM... I tried to scare him off by telling him I wasn't interested in going through the trouble of shipping it, but then he asked what part of Texas I lived in.
    [/off topic]

You should have called....I feel like I was screwed out of bad free pizza!

[off topic]
    Ok... so I am too lazy to go over to the PM screen.... Do you still want to buy the beatrush pan? Some guy from Arkansas expressed interest via PM... I tried to scare him off by telling him I wasn't interested in going through the trouble of shipping it, but then he asked what part of Texas I lived in.
    [/off topic]
    I would have called you but notice I said strong hands...

As for the bellypan, if his price is better than go for it... now that the weather is back in my favor I'm not that worried about overheating so much. But if he doesn't take it then I will.

Wink

Wow you can almost feel the love!

As for the bellypan, if his price is better than go for it... now that the weather is back in my favor I'm not that worried about overheating so much. But if he doesn't take it then I will.
    Yep... better call someone single for that.

I didn't even give him a price yet... If I have to sell it, I would prefer keeping it on an MME car. I was also thinking of polishing it op and hanging it on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Wow you can almost feel the love!

Titus, I appreciate the offer but it was mega late last night (between putting it together, watching the football game, and a dinner run) when I got around to putting the opener up. Thanks though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12