View Poll Results: Are you interested in eating at Babe's first?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Babe's has some good chicken(and catfish)

3 27.27%
  • No, Don't want Babe's just wanna go fast

0 0%
  • What took you so long?

6 54.55%
  • Have you seen the price of gas?!?!?

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drag strip night (finally!) 9-2-2005

Default Drag strip night (finally!) 9-2-2005

Ok guys, I'm off this Friday, so I've decided, with a little help, that it is as good a night as ever for the drag strip night. Looks to cost around $15, and It is pretty easy to get to. Strait up I-35 north of Denton in Sanger. http://www.dentondragway.com/ for all the info. Look like the gates open at 8pm, so if anybody is interested in eating before, Babe's in Sanger is good. I've posted a poll to see if there is any interest in eating first. Thanks guys.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I work nights and I can't get Friday off with this short of notice. I wiah I could. I know it will be a great event. I'd love to try the "Catfish" at Babe's. You guys have a great time and post some pics when you get back.
    Jerry
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

I'm in where are we going to meet and what time.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I have to clear it with the boss, but it should be doable.. Bean... care to caravan?

I might be game for this, as well. Let me check with She Who Must Be Obeyed.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    My S.W.M.B.O. gave me the !

I'd be there, but I've got company that's not interested in motorsports coming in for the weekend.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

In my case it's She Whom Holds The Pocket Book!

Well crap, I hoped to do this. If all goes well putting the my oil leak issues to bed tomorrow (long story there), I may make it to run, if not I'll try to make it to watch.

If you plan to be at the track at 8 you better get to Babe's very early. The wait is over an hour even when it's not Friday night.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

The longest I have ever waited for babes is 20 min with a party of 16, on a friday night (babes in sanger) I was thinking babes at 6, then to the track by 8. as far as directions, I've never come into sanger from the direction most of you will be coming from. Thanks
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

For those going just to the track just take I-35until you see the Loves gas station and either take the exit before it or the one that is right after you go under the over pass. Once on the service road just follow it all the way down, it will do a 180 under I-35 and you will turn in to the entrance on the right. After you pay to get in go to the left that's where the pits are. As for Babes I can't remember I just know you have to go like your going to downtown Sanger. See ya'll at the track.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Hey guys, I have some bad news, due to rising gas cost, (and a $120 math book :mad: ) Im not gonna be able to eat at babes. However, I will still be at the strip at 8 tomorrow night. Sorry if this is a problem, I just don't have that much $$. See you guys there!

I'm out of the running for sure. I'll be working on the ride, so pm me if anyone wants to stop by for an after party. or pre-party to test your strength party, 3bean has the details in a pm, I can not check this board from work, so he can give you the phone digits or address. Thanks Bean, sorry to put you on the spot.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    I'm out of the running for sure. I'll be working on the ride, so pm me if anyone wants to stop by for an after party. or pre-party to test your strength party, 3bean has the details in a pm, I can not check this board from work, so he can give you the phone digits or address. Thanks Bean, sorry to put you on the spot.
    Not a problem!

Everyone else, just PM me for details...

So is anyone else going to join us? My count shows the following 5 so far:

blackzx3_13
    Treibenschnell
    driftdevil
    Titus
    altiain

See you guys around 8!

I'm out - I've had something come up.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm out - I've had something come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Track Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Track Rules
    1. All cars must have seat belts. Cars running 7.49 or faster must have restraint system meeting SFI 16-1 specifications. (See NHRA Rule Book)
    2. All cars running 7.49 or faster must have a roll bar. Cars running 6.99 or faster must have a roll cage.
    3. All cars running between 4.00 and 6.39 must have a chassis certification every three years.
    4. All cars running 8.59 or faster, driver must wear a helmet.
    5. All cars running 7.49 or faster, driver must wear a fire retarding jacket.
    6. All drivers of cars running 6.39 or faster must have an NHRA Competition License.
    7. All drivers must wear long pants.
    Drivers may not wear sleeveless shirts!
    8. All cars running 6.39 or faster (or where batteries have been relocated to the trunk area) must have a master electrical cutoff switch.
    9. All cars and motorcycles must have one working tail light.

So I guess we're good without helmets...

But I'm still taking mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast