Thread: The rest of the story...

Default The rest of the story...

So Bean, Titus, TC, Ccage stop by Friday night, so bean can try and get the hose up higher on the barb for oil return line from the turbo (he's got bigger arms than me).

So I leave Sat. morning and head to trackdogracing's doghouse and Kags and I go meet Gary and Mike P for lunch while the car cools down. We got it up on the lift and there is oil everywhere. More oil than it had ever leaked before. My stomach sinks, as I think crap, the fitting is the wrong one, this is bad.

Long story short, we took it off and then put it back on, so I would be able to drive it home. The last person to crank down on that fitting was Mike P. and he got it on very tight (seems Fri. night, I didn't get it tight enough) Kags helps get the hose on and we put that to rest for awhile. Then Mike P. and I cut the belly pan and put it back on, inserted some trackdogracing panels to funnel air straight to the intercooler and radiator, and blanketed up my heater hoses and speedocable (which had broken twice) with heat resistent material.

Got home last night, so see how much oil I had lost and the answer was NONE! I'm ready for Hallett next weekend and can't wait.

Thanks to all that have helped. Seriously, THANK YOU ALL!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Cool... Glad that all ended well!