Thread: Rally de Paris

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Thumbs up Rally de Paris

Looks like the Rally de Paris is back on for this year.

Rally Site

I worked the Rally a couple of years ago, and it was a blast. They are running on Saturday after Thanksgiving, they are looking for volunteers, and they are a great bunch of people.

Here's a link to pics I took
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Looks like a ton of fun... are they all rally race prepped vehicles?
    From THIS link, it looks like the answer would be YES. I read references to full roll cages, extinguishers, drivers' and competitors' licensing and FIA classing equivalents
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Seeing as that is the busiest weekend in retail sales, and I work in retail (target) I'll probably have to work. Looks like a ton of fun though.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Y'know, this would make for a really cool club drive - up to Paris through the back roads ot watch the rally, then stop for lunhc somewhere on the way back home....
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That would be fun to watch and even more fun to one day drive... but that's muh Bambi slaughtering weekend...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Y'know, this would make for a really cool club drive - up to Paris through the back roads ot watch the rally, then stop for lunhc somewhere on the way back home....
    So are you working up the route now?

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Except the races will be going all day and into the night. I'd suggest supper instead of lunch. When I worked it a couple of years ago, there were hot dogs being cooked onsite for lunch IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    That would be fun to watch and even more fun to one day drive... but that's muh Bambi slaughtering weekend...
    Murderer