Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And you thought paying $3 a gallon sucked...

Default And you thought paying $3 a gallon sucked...

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Media like this is what makes this possible for the companies to get away with it. Super Irked by this B.S.

I do realize there is truth and reason, but the media makes it seem like we should panic.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I know, It's a vicious cycle. The media hypes our fears, and then the retailers bump their prices, in part because the wholesale price jumps... but also in part because of the media fueling the panic.

And while it spirals out of control, the gov't sits back and idly lets it happen, while the oil companies rake in record profits on the back of people like you and me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Preach it brother. I couldn't agree more. Sucks.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Amen!
    99 Miata Black

I heard that the city, county, and state all have the ability to freeze gas prices. (from a friend) Can anyone verify this, my dad is on the city council, but I havent had a chance to talk to him.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I stopped on the way home from church tonight and filled my Expedition with Pre-Huricane Gas ($2.58 a gallon)!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I stopped on the way home from church tonight and filled my Expedition with Pre-Huricane Gas ($2.58 a gallon)!
    Yeah, I filled up the Accord and the CR-V tonight. The Miata has the exact amount I need in it to be on fumes for Saturday's event (about 1/3 of a tank), but I was tempted to fill up a 5-gallon can to get me home from Mineral Wells on Saturday!
    Iain

Prices jumped from $2.54 to $2.64 and even $2.69 in Denton. Did the storm hit and I missed it
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Prices jumped from $2.54 to $2.64 and even $2.69 in Denton. Did the storm hit and I missed it
    Nah it's just pre-hurricane panic......

About 6 months ago,maybe a bit longer, Texas had like the second lowest gas in the US. Until the media put out the article, and the gas companies decided to jump our prices to the national average.

Hell, it jumped 20 cents overnight here in OKC... Glad I filled up last night...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Hell, it jumped 20 cents overnight here in OKC... Glad I filled up last night...

RJ
    Yeah, it's up over 10 cents from yesterday's prices around my office in Garland.
    Iain

Ditto, I filled up the Exterra last night...didn't get so lucky today on the Miata but it was almost full so I just topped it off.
    It was crazy though, some of the stations out here in Weatherford ran out of gas so there was a little bit of panic in the locals I saw a lot of people out filling 3-4 5 gallon gas cans at a time.
    99 Miata Black

gas at the station next to my college was 2.59 @ 9am when I got there and 2.69 @1pm when I left
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Talked to my Bro in Tyler, Wednesday afternoon. He said his regular station was selling regular for $2.399 but he didn't want to fight the lines. Down the street it was $2.439 with no line.
    Does overhead for a station in the Metromess really justify .30 per gallon?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Does overhead for a station in the Metromess really justify .30 per gallon?
    Justify it?? Ummm... NO!
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Nope... it's supply and demand.

They supply the gas and demand one helluva price for it.

I'll be here all week..try the veal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast