Thread: I'm smarter than the Federal Government

Default I'm smarter than the Federal Government

Of course, I'm pretty sure both of my dogs are as well...

FTC probes gas price profiteering. Commission wants to know if oil companies constrained refinery capacity to manipulate fuel prices.

Hmm... what did I say just a few weeks ago, when Katrina hit, in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Interestingly, I heard on the news that there were a number of refineries out of commission not because of Katrina, but because they were offline for maintenance. Hmm... anyone remember rolling blackouts in California a few years back, and the suspicious timing of electricity generation plants offline for "routine maintenance" right at the peak of power generation season? Why would anyone take a gasoline refinery offline during peak season for gasoline demand... unless they knew that tightening the spigot would allow them to justify ever increasing prices on every other drop of gas they refined. Simple Economics 101 - decrease the supply of a necessary commodity, and the equilibrium price will climb. Decrease the supply some more, and the price just goes higher. Get a better price for every unit you produce while your fixed costs remain the same, and your profit margins will soar.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Took 'em this long to figure this out? I'm thinking my toaster is smarter...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Iain shoots.

Iain SCORES!

C

It'll fade from the spotlight... Something else will distract the public...

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!