Thread: Beer question...

Default Beer question...

I was at the Flying Saucer last night & I tried this stuff called Frankziskaner Hefe-Weisse, some of the best beer I've had.

Now my question...where can I find it?? I want to pick up a couple of 6 packs for home, but ive never been to a place in Dallas that sold anything other than domestics / XX, Corona...etc.

I live a block away from Addison, so im sure theres plenty of places like this very near. Anyone know of them??
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I don't know if there's a Central Market up that way, but they have a very good selection of beers. They will even let you mix-n-match a 6-pack!

World Market in the strip mall at the SW corner of 121 and Preston. Jigger, if you like Franziskaner Hefeweizen, then you should come out to the Bavarian Grill (75 and West Parker) and start tasting their 60+ German beers. Lots of great stuff (and a few dogs... hey, even the Germans can brew a bad beer ), and a lot of it on tap! Try a Franziskaner Dunkelweiss, and a Spaten Oktoberfest, and an Oberdorfer Dunkel (if they have it)... three of my favorites!

And just so everyone is clear, "dark" beers in Germany are not bitter -- in fact, they are sweeter than "light" beers. The bitter stuff is called Dopplbock, and has names with "ator" at the end (Optimator, Salvator, etc). Anyway, I love the Flying Saucer (and the Gingerman downtown), but if you want the best selection of German beers, there's no place like the Bavarian Grill (bring lots of cash though... beers run $5.00 or more...).
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Yeah... I have to second the Bavarian Grill recommendation... good stuff....

I like the Spaten Oktoberfest, but I really like the Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest.

Now that the weather is about to turn cooler... maybe a meet one night out in the Bier Garten might been needed...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Rules to live by:
    1. Never eat anything larger than your head
    2. Never drink anything you cannot pronounce when sober.
    3. Never drink anything you can pronounce as you are slipping into a coma (BUUUUDDDD)

Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Rules to live by:

1. Never eat anything larger than your head
    2. Never drink anything you cannot pronounce when sober.
    3. Never drink anything you can pronounce as you are slipping into a coma (BUUUUDDDD)

Civilized rules to live by:

1. Never EVER drink anything that can be pronounced by a frog
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    ...Never drink anything you cannot pronounce when sober.
    What?? Franziskaner Dunkelweiss or Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest?? They're pronounced just like they are spelled...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Civilized rules to live by:

1. Never EVER drink anything that can be pronounced by a frog
    I like this one better.

Glad to see you've discovered one of my favorite beers, Jigger, although I'm partial to Paulaner over Franziskaner. A lot of the more "upscale" chain grocery stores will carry a variety of hefe-weizens (my local Albertson's and Market Street both carry it). Also, Hall's Convenienve Store on the southwest corner of Hwy 121 & Glade Road in Grapevine has a great beer selection. Don't be fooled - it is a gas station, but you'll be amazed by the beer & wine selection once you go inside.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

There's a beer/wine store at the Northwest corner of Spring Creek and 75 that carries a good variety of foreign beers. If they don't have it and you suggest it, they'll stock some to try it out.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Haven't tried that before. Not sure about any good beer stores in Addison but there is a good one in Richardson off Abrams/Spring Valley. They just started carrying Chimay beer this week! Best freakin beer! You gotta try it.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...