Thread: NB - Bilsteins

Default NB - Bilsteins

I have a question, would a set of Bilsteins off a '99 Sport fit on a '02 LS?

Could one get away with using the LS springs with the Bilsteins?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I have a question, would a set of Bilsteins off a '99 Sport fit on a '02 LS?

Could one get away with using the LS springs with the Bilsteins?
    One way to find out for sure.

Yeah, they should fit. Using the LS springs should hardly make anoticeable difference - I think the Sport's spring rates are within about 10% of the LS spring rates anyway.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So would it be worth changing them out? The LS in Question has about 31,000 miles on the OEM shocks, the Bilsteins have somewhere around 8,000 miles on them...

What's the big picture? Are you putting KYBs on the 99 and thinking that you might as well move the Bilsteins over to her car??

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    What's the big picture? Are you putting KYBs on the 99 and thinking that you might as well move the Bilsteins over to her car??
    The 99 came with custom valved konis IIRC. I am guessing the bilstiens were in the trunk. The LS has the non hardS suspension right?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    The 99 came with custom valved konis IIRC. I am guessing the bilstiens were in the trunk.
    You are correct Sir!
    The LS has the non hardS suspension right?
    Correct Again!

If the '02s shocks are not clearly worn out, then it would sound like this is going to be a question for IMVivid. The only reason to do it now would be it she wants a slight change in the feel of the car. Otherwise, I would wait until one of the 02 shocks start to show signs of leakage.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The 99 came with custom valved konis IIRC. I am guessing the bilstiens were in the trunk. The LS has the non hardS suspension right?
    Quit being a brown nose.

If the '02s shocks are not clearly worn out, then it would sound like this is going to be a question for IMVivid. The only reason to do it now would be it she wants a slight change in the feel of the car. Otherwise, I would wait until one of the 02 shocks start to show signs of leakage.
    Vivid is the one pushing the conversion, since the shocks are Yellow and match the car!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Vivid is the one pushing the conversion, since the shocks are Yellow and match the car!
    4 hours of labor so the shocks match the car. The things we do for love.

Love heck! $75.00 an hour, plus $200.00 for the shocks!

If she wants it done, then maybe this winter she can come to a tech day.

Ms. Vivid, have you ridden in a sport car? If that isnt too harsh, then I would guess putting the bilstiens in would be a worth while job. Or you could sell them and almost pay for a set of AGXs. Who knows what they would go for, but I bet a .neter would pay enough.

I think Konig Kolors make a Bright Yellow rim that would look kewl on that car, but you guys know my sense of art.

I really like the Yellow Miata's
    99 Miata Black

Personally, I'd probably opt to sell the Bilsteins and buy some AGXs. I prefer the ride of the AGXs on the street, and the adjustability is nice.

Still, the Bilsteins are probably an upgrade from the OEM '02 Showas... which at 30k miles probably are starting to go anyway.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

There used to be a 92 Sunburst in the metroplex with a yellow hardtop AND yellow wheels.......... It was some UGLY!!!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Trust me - she will know the difference - she looks under the car frequently to see if POS is there
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region