Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave at dem miatas?

Chassis Designer

Default Wave at dem miatas?

Well.. I used to be a friendly miata driver and wave at fellow miatas drivin down the road.. after countless waves and no return waves I decided I wouldnt wave anymore cuz noone seems to care.. Well today on my way home from work i was cruising thru acton and a good lookin NA was goin the other way and they waved at me.. It shocked me so much I was barely able to return the wave in time and idk if they saw it..
    So my question is.. do yal guys wave at fellow miatas and if so do you get return waves or am i just a punk kid so noone wants to wave back?
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That's amazing. It absolutely looks 3D. Where'd you get it?

S.

I get about a 20% return on the waves, which is a little shocking being out in the country...lol
    I still wave everytime though.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen1990
    Well.. I used to be a friendly miata driver and wave at fellow miatas drivin down the road.. after countless waves and no return waves I decided I wouldnt wave anymore cuz noone seems to care.. Well today on my way home from work i was cruising thru acton and a good lookin NA was goin the other way and they waved at me.. It shocked me so much I was barely able to return the wave in time and idk if they saw it..
    So my question is.. do yal guys wave at fellow miatas and if so do you get return waves or am i just a punk kid so noone wants to wave back?

It wasn't blue w/white stripes, was it??????
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I usually try to flip the barndoors, but it usually ends up being a woman over 50 that gives me wierd looks probably thinking he needs to get his headlights fixed.

Its getting pretty pointless to me too.

I have come across a few modified NA's that wave to me before I even notice them, thats cool when it happens.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

A large percentage of Miatas on the road are nothing but an appliance to the owner. These people don't understand the love affair one can have with a Miata. A wave is really waisted on these people. If the car looks stock and appears to never have received a coat of wax in it's life, don't waste your time. A coat of wax tells you they care about the car. Aftermarket accessories are also a good sign, but beware of the style bar... I have been tricked into waving at a style bar equipped car many times with nothing in return.

I wave at all Miata's......
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    I usually try to flip the barndoors, but it usually ends up being a woman over 50 that gives me wierd looks probably thinking he needs to get his headlights fixed.
    Transvestites? :)

I wave at every Miata I see.. I've had 1 return. Ever. But I still do it just in case
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I made it.

He's got skilz -- I keep telling you people -- he's got skilz

Now, smarty, how did you make it and what software did you use?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    A large percentage of Miatas on the road are nothing but an appliance to the owner. These people don't understand the love affair one can have with a Miata. A wave is really waisted on these people. If the car looks stock and appears to never have received a coat of wax in it's life, don't waste your time. A coat of wax tells you they care about the car. Aftermarket accessories are also a good sign, but beware of the style bar... I have been tricked into waving at a style bar equipped car many times with nothing in return.

It didn't used to be that way
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I made it.
    No kidding? It's super cool. How'd you get the 3D effect?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    It didn't used to be that way
    That's because the Miata is now available to the unwashed masses. Think about it. It used to be people strictly bought Miatas because of what the were.

Now Miatas are available to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable car. They're hand-me-downs sandly enough.

I saw a sad M1 the other day. Red paint was peeling badly from lack of care. Top was up. Driver looked stoic.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    No kidding? It's super cool. How'd you get the 3D effect?

S.
    I used Photoshop... just some texture and shadowing effects. Easy stuff... ::Spiderma

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Red paint was peeling badly from lack of care. Top was up. Driver looked stoic.
    That's true, I see a lot of the same. It's a disposable appliance to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    That's true, I see a lot of the same. It's a disposable appliance to some people.
    Majority of the population use their vehicles only to get from Point A to Point B... a board of people like ourselves is in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    . . .They're hand-me-downs sandly enough. . .
    I need to find one of these hand me down ones!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    It wasn't blue w/white stripes, was it??????
    Nah it was like dark green (I think.. it was getting dark and I didnt have my contacts in..) but it was defintely a dark shade.. HOWEVER it DID have a Pecan Plantaion Contractors sticker on the windsheild (not that anyone else probably knows what Pecan Plantation is besides merv)
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

its used to be half of the people wave back to me... now its less and less.
    -AJ Ngo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast