Thread: Braille batteries

Default Braille batteries

anyone heard of these? theyre supposed to be lightwieght and this and that... i wonder if they had a part number for us or one that works for us with more power or something....
    -AJ Ngo

Are we referencing these batteries??

Yea maybe they don't offer on since it's only about 12.5 lbs. difference between a stock style AGM and the Braille at $175.00.
    DURALAST-GOLD BATTERY for a 1996 MAZDA MX-5 MIATA

Unit Price: $79.99
    Core Value*: $8.00
    Part No.: 8AMU1R
    Weight: 24.0 lbs.

so for almost a $100 (more) i can save 12.5 lbs?
    -AJ Ngo

There are pleny of 12-13 lb batteries out there that cost around $60-80.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I have an Odyssey PC545 I'd like to sell. Brand new, never installed. I was going to use it in the "race" car until I decided to go into a class that requires a stock sized battery. $60 and it's yours. 12 lbs, IIRC.
    Billy
    98 Prelude - track car
    Former 99 Miata owner

Quote Originally Posted by 71dsp
    I have an Odyssey PC545 I'd like to sell. Brand new, never installed. I was going to use it in the "race" car until I decided to go into a class that requires a stock sized battery. $60 and it's yours. 12 lbs, IIRC.
    PM sent.

Woohoo! Only 33 more pounds to go. I might get to keep my a/c next season after all.
    Last edited by altiain; 10-14-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Crap. Looks like I jumped the gun. I didn't catch some wording in the Solo II rules - looks like I have to have a battery of similar weight to stock after all.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    PM sent.

Woohoo! Only 33 more pounds to go. I might get to keep my a/c next season after all.
    Whatever you do... don't lose the AC. You most likely will regret it during the summer races.

Crap. Looks like I jumped the gun. I didn't catch some wording in the Solo II rules - looks like I have to have a battery of similar weight to stock after all.
    Does that apply to CSP because I might be interested if it's legal.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Does that apply to CSP because I might be interested if it's legal.
    Reading the 2005 Solo II rulebook, it looks like you can relocate it, but you can't get a smaller one. However, the STS rules specifically allow a smaller one, while SP rules don't. Weird.
    Iain

Reading the 2005 Solo II rulebook, it looks like you can relocate it, but you can't get a smaller one. However, the STS rules specifically allow a smaller one, while SP rules don't. Weird.
    That is weird!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub