Thread: Which Glass Window

Default Which Glass Window

I was looking at the POS last night and decided to try and figure out what rear glass window is in the car. How do you tell? It looks like I don't have much clearance for a roll bar.

Don't know but you can measure other ppls rollbars to see what looks like it will fit. Worse case, get a hard bar.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Can you fold the top down without unzipping the back window? If so, then you could probably get either a Hard Core or Sport bar to fit.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Can you fold the top down without unzipping the back window?
    Nope ya got to zip it out to fold down the top.....

So none of you M1 guys can tell what I have for a rear window?

The M2 Sport will also fit the '90-'97 M1. The non diagonal version is compatible with most after market glass rear windows....
    But how do I tell if the POS has one of the compatible windows.

Umm, The M2 Sport w/ harness tabs will fit all glass windows, even robbins. Thats what I have. With a glass window you will probaly need that bar. As I think the M2 Hardcore only works with a non zipping M2 top.

M1 bars are designed for plastic windows. If in doubt though cal bethania garage and order directly from them. They should have the measurements for all their bars and ca even custom make you one. Plus don't think it's cheaper to buy from a vendor, unless they have a free shipping offer.

Chris

Thanks Chris I want the M2, but I sure would like to know what I have, the phrase, "compatible with most after market glass"

It's the word most that's getting me, since I have no ideal what it is, I hate for cal & I to guess then I get dinged for the shipping if I have to send it back because my rear window wasn't compatable.

The rear window in the POS is larger than what's in our 2002.

Then it's probaly the Robbins. From what I know, the Robbins is the biggest window available in the Miata. The duetto is smaller I think.

My brother has the smaller window top. His will BARELY fit with a HDHCDDM1, it's a pain in the butt though.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant