Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Numbers

Is there formal rules around numbers and who runs what, or is it a first come first serve type of thing? If someone registers for an event with a number normally used by a regular who doesn't register until late, does the regular loose the use of there regular number for that event? Is there any list of numbers used by regulars to reference, or does one just need to poor over recent result lists?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Is there formal rules around numbers and who runs what, or is it a first come first serve type of thing? If someone registers for an event with a number normally used by a regular who doesn't register until late, does the regular loose the use of there regular number for that event? Is there any list of numbers used by regulars to reference, or does one just need to poor over recent result lists?
    With a lot of the AX groups when you pay for the year you lock your number in for the season. :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    With a lot of the AX groups when you pay for the year you lock your number in for the season. :cool:
    Me signing up for a season of AX is about as likely as Bean getting up on time for a Saturday morning event!

Me signing up for a season of AX is about as likely as Bean getting up on time for a Saturday morning event!
    If you plan to run an event just review the past few results from the event in your class, and come up with a number that you haven't seen used!

As long as it's clear!

Let's see... I've made two events to your zero. I admit, nothing to be proud of, but still...

Got my new #'s today they look awesome!
    ProTape was really fast and friendly.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Come on Billy!

This is why you'll typically see autocross magnetics available as package deals with three or four pairs of numbers. That way, if you show up at an event and someone else is using your number, you can easily change it. For example, I've got pairs of 5s, 7s, 1s, and 2s in my trailer - chances are that regardless of where I run, I'll be able to create a number that no one else is using.

Like POS pointed out, season pre-registers typically lock in their number. With ER, if the number is not pre-registered, the first person to use it that season gets to keep it for the rest of the season. That's how I ended up being #57 in ER last season - Chris Williams made it to the first event (which I missed) and ran #75, so he got to keep it for the season.

Your safest bet is just to order a set of numbers with three or four different number pairs. That way, you won't ever have to tape numbers to your car again.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wife has the Camera at work will post the pics tonight, mmmmmk.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I don't know if you already did, but what did they run you?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Your safest bet is just to order a set of numbers with three or four different number pairs.
    6's are a good choice for obvious reasons.

I think it was right around $40 shipped.
    10in. tall, I forgot to take pics last night DOH!
    I got a #6 and #8 they are Pumpkin Orange not fuorescent.
    99 Miata Black

My new numbers showed up today! Thanks Sean!

Last edited by POS Racing; 10-14-2005 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Resized the picture!

If your gonna race the caddy, then why buy the 99 sport? :cool:
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    If your gonna race the caddy, then why buy the 99 sport? :cool:
    What are you talking about? General Default told me the car in the picture was a '99 sport!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What are you talking about? General Default told me the car in the picture was a '99 sport!
    In that case, I've got some prime real-estate in the Trinity River Bottoms I'd like to talk to you about.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    In that case, I've got some prime real-estate in the Trinity River Bottoms I'd like to talk to you about.
    Sweet!

I also have a dirt cheap suburban too.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sweet!
    Did you buy some Jello R's too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast