Thread: Anyone else running the Turbo XS controller?

Default Anyone else running the Turbo XS controller?

Well guys,

Is anybody else running the base model Turbo XS boost controller? I've had mine on my car for quite a while now and all of a sudden the boost is really jumping. It's set for 11psi but when I was running the car last Sunday at the Ranch I came out of Big Bend and the car acted like it was trying crap out. That's when I noticed the boost was at 18.5psi, I backed out of the throttle and eased back into it again and the boost only went to 11 and the car pullled like hell. Now the problem is if you jump on the throttle the boost spikes to around 16-18psi and then will slowly drop back to around 11psi. If I could throw enough fuel on it I would stay in it because the car becomes violently quick. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If anybody has any info or similar experience I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Chris
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

I'm using a link. There are settings in the link to deal with this problem. It's caused by the turbo spooling up faster than the computer is dealing with it. So you've got to slow the spooling or change some settings that allow the computer to respond earlier to the rising boost.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I am running the Hallman manual boost controller with the ceramic ball. 18.5psi spike could be real bad. real bad.
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Your problem most likely is in the wastegate not closing quick enough. You need to investigate the internals of the wastegate to make sure it is staying free. Also look and see if perhaps your actuator has moved positions and causing the actuator rod to be out of alignment causing friction. You might also check the valve with the rod removed to see if it is closing off completely. It could be in the boost controller, but you need to go back to basics first. Also remove the Turbos XS boost control and see if you have the same problems. Just a thought.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com