Thread: Side strikers and paint shop

Default Side strikers and paint shop

I'm considering picking up a Montego hardtop from a coworker. Anyone have some side strikers hanging around taking up way too much space?

Also, since the Montego unfortunately won't be too hip with Classic Red, recommendations on a reputable paint house in southern Oklahoma would be most welcome.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Did you see the classic red hardtop for sale in the classifieds?

Linky!

Oh yea the side strikers are reasonable from Trussville Mazda.

Mazda Miata Hardtop Striker Kit HTM1 $45.22

I was just reading about that moments ago. Thanks for the tip.
    But for a couple hundred less (and since I, perhaps oddly, don't want red), I'm keeping myself pointed toward the other top, at least for the time being. The windshield surround on the red sled wasn't repainted with the rest of the car, so the match would likely be poor at best.

I could, however, hand over the added $10 for Krylon, as mentioned in the other thread. Sure would save some time and cashola...at least initially.
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

I wouldn't mess with the aftermarket hardtops. The ones I've seen look pretty shoddy compared to the real deal, especially for only a couple hundred bux difference...

Just my $0.02.

C

It's an OE top from, I believe, a '96, so it's got defroster and headliner.
    I have yet to see the condition, however.

What would it cost to paint it?

I'd guess a couple hundred bucks to get a decent matching finish.

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r
    It's an OE top from, I believe, a '96, so it's got defroster and headliner.
    I have yet to see the condition, however.
    Doh. That's what I get for posting when I'm tired...

C

(Not that it's the end of the world if you don't, but) Do you have wiring for the defroster? I understand it's more complicated than just installing the switch. (I have a hardtop with defroster, but no wiring on either Miata.)

C

The sled doesn't currently have a pigtail ready for the defroster, no. I'll leave that for some future weekend...