Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintless Dent Repair

Default Paintless Dent Repair

Took My 'spedition to the Ford dealer yesterday for it's Pre-Termination Inspection.

It was like I was watching the pilot episode of "CSI - White Settlement" they went over it with a fine tooth comb, and somehow came up with 7 small hail dents in the hood. I've had it for 36 month and never noticed these dings. BTW. per Ford, you are allowed 3 dings per panel.....

Anyone know a TCB Painless dent repait guy who could fix a few of these blemishes.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Took My 'spedition to the Ford dealer yesterday for it's Pre-Termination Inspection.

It was like I was watching the pilot episode of "CSI - White Settlement" they went over it with a fine tooth comb, and somehow came up with 7 small hail dents in the hood. I've had it for 36 month and never noticed these dings. BTW. per Ford, you are allowed 3 dings per panel.....

Anyone know a TCB Painless dent repait guy who could fix a few of these blemishes.

TIA
    So there are 7 on the hood, and 3 are allowable. Please tell me that you are only going to fix 4 of the 7. I would even go so far as to fix the 4 LEAST noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    So there are 7 on the hood, and 3 are allowable. Please tell me that you are only going to fix 4 of the 7. I would even go so far as to fix the 4 LEAST noticeable.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner!

So does anyone know a TCB Painless dent repait guy who could fix a few of these blemishes.

Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner!

So does anyone know a TCB Painless dent repait guy who could fix a few of these blemishes.
    Sorry... the PDR guy I've used isn't exactly cheap, but he's pretty damn good. Pro-Dent in Plano, just north of PGBT on Coit (right next to the Sam's wholesale).

I know it's a bit out of your usual stomping grounds, but they did two amazing fixes to the truck. Charged me $75 each (they were pretty good sized ones). I would imaginge small hail dents would be much cheaper assuming they can get to the back side of the sheet metal.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

There seem to be 2 different types of shops for PDR... the retail chain shops (like Dent-Pros) and the wholesale/non-chain shops. What you need to find is one of these wholesale shops that do work for dealerships. Rather than $60 or $75 per dent fees like the chains, they tend to charge about $100 for the first panel, and $50 per panel after that. That was the deal I found in Sacramento after being referred by a used car dealer. Cost me $350 for 17 dents scattered around 6 panels.

Defiantly looking for a team CB hookup since I will own this thing for just about 14 more days then it's gone........

Defiantly looking for a team CB hookup since I will own this thing for just about 14 more days then it's gone........
    BUT WHAT ARE YOU BUYING TO REPLACE IT???

S.

Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    BUT WHAT ARE YOU BUYING TO REPLACE IT???

S.
    TBD

After taking a preliminary test of the new car dealer waters, I think I may stay out of the pool and work on my tan.

I currently have excess capacity when it comes to cars, so I may just drive the 'lac for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Love the panas!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Love the panas!
    I thought they were a nice touch.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

BTW. Found a company Dentwright 214-725-7277 they do most of the PDR work in DFW, the service Service King and a bunch of dealers.

Dentwright as well as 2 other body shops found more hail damage than I ever noticed so I'll be taking this project to State Farm to compleate.....

So you're going to have to file an insurance claim on a lease vehicle with unnoticeable hail dents that you have to turn in to Ford in a couple of days?

That's messed up.

S.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Is the aluminum factor a problem?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Is the aluminum factor a problem?
    Aluminum? On a 'spedition?

What happened to 4 and out?

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    So you're going to have to file an insurance claim on a lease vehicle with unnoticeable hail dents that you have to turn in to Ford in a couple of days?

That's messed up.

S.
    Yep it's jacked up for sure! If I don't get it fixed Ford can bill me for the damages and since I wouldn't own it any longer State Farm would not have to honor my claim, depending on how long it took Ford to come up with a repair cost......

The Aluminum hood can be fixed says the PDR guy, but he wants more than my deductible to do it. plus he found other areas of concern as did Service King and another Local body shop.

Darned if I do Darned if I don't....

Sounds like it's time to park it in Oak Cliff? Maybe push it into the Trinity? *

* I would never actually advocate insurance fraud. However, I wouldn't frown upon it in some cases, either.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Take it to France... They will burn it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Take it to France... They will burn it for free.
    ::Artist:: Oui! That eez very funnie!!

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast