Thread: Good Miata Fun Sunday

Default Good Miata Fun Sunday

If you are not doing anything, the Annual 6 Hour Road Race will be going on at TWS in College Station. Lots of Miata cars and others running the long course. Miatas usually finish very high overall and the SM class will be hotly contested. Lots of action with pit stops and driver changes. A nice drive through the farmland is I35 to 171 at Hillsboro to Mexia down to Hearne into Bryan/CS.
    I will be driving with Myron Perry from Houston in his miata. We are running ITS instead of SM (using up Hoosiers.) So look for the blue #45.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Have fun, Mac. Wish I had planned a little better so I could have been there too.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I was going to be there crewing for Ara, but I finally got in to the TDE event at MSR so I'll be there with the MSM instead. :-D Is that enough acronyms in a sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    I was going to be there crewing for Ara, but I finally got in to the TDE event at MSR so I'll be there with the MSM instead. :-D Is that enough acronyms in a sentence?
    WTF??? AFAIC, TNNEATBA. PTHNT.

Have fun at TDE in the MSM!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

John, Sorry you won't be there, Ara will miss your enduro experience.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Have fun, Mac. Wish I had planned a little better so I could have been there too.......
    I figured you and Bob would be there.
    BTW how are your Pro Series plans going?

Have you thought of approaching all the North Texas Mazda dealers as a group for major sponsorship? If Humpy Wheeler is touting SM (as the specmiata.com site quotes) it just might have some promotional value for the NT dealers. With not that many races you would have plenty of time to display the race car at the dealers in NT. You might do a computer generated group of pictures with North Texas Mazda Dealers displayed in graphics to use as a selling tool. Find a hot twenty something girl to go pitch it for you and bingo!
    Mac

Default Msr

What run group are you in? I will be at MSR as well and would like to meet some of the DFW miata folks. I will be in the Red group in a black 96 with the number 38. Come by and introduce yourself...