Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything in Plano/Allen, tonight? (11-23-05)

Default Anything in Plano/Allen, tonight? (11-23-05)

Changed...

[11/23] Possible meet-up in Allen/Plano?
    Last edited by Kakkyo; 11-22-2005 at 10:30 PM.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Wish there was a time machine and it was last night, but my in-laws are due sometime in the next few seconds...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Damn it... In regards to after 10pm, that's a maybe. I can't be up too long, 'cause I have a long shift tomorrow at work and can't afford sleepiness on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakkyo
    Damn it... In regards to after 10pm, that's a maybe. I can't be up too long, 'cause I have a long shift tomorrow at work and can't afford sleepiness on the job.

Sounds like fun, but it's a little too late tonight. How 'bout Starbucks in Allen or Plano Tomorrow night?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active
    Sounds like fun, but it's a little too late tonight. How 'bout Starbucks in Allen or Plano Tomorrow night?
    Sounds good, I was gonna say, it'd be better for tomorrow since no one responded.

I don't know when I get off of work... Anyone want to call me to give me an idea of when a meet would be tomorrow? I'll PM my number out to anyone who can give me a heads up on when and where the meet will be.

On Second thought, we could meet BAM over in Plano tommorow night.

plano area peeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What: car meet
    Where: NE corner of Park and Coit @ Escape/ coffee shop
    Who: right now, a lot of 240sx drifters, me and last night theres a 302 miata
    When: every wednesday night at 9pm
    How much: about starbucks prices
    Why: hang out have a good time, watch us try to hacky sack!?!!

Actually, I hate that spot... Plano cops love sniping people over there, LOL. That's why I was seeing about if anyone wanted to meet at a different location.

I haven't ever been there and don't know the place. I do hate the light at 15th and 75, though. Got busted for being behind a 8 foot tall van and not seeing the light change. Jerks wrote me a ticket knowing that the stop light was not working right. I was the third person in line.

I'm flexable to the location and somewhat the time.

So far, Radio-Active and I are thinking about a Starbucks on either 75 and Bethany or 121 and Preston(?). If there are any ideas on which location, just post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    121 at Preston is quite literally around the corner from me... why not? ::Allah::
    LOL, that was also said by Radio-Active as well! That's fine by me. Any other people want to come out?

We've been known to have an impromtu lunch over at the Irish Rover in Frisco... good place to eat.

Perhaps we'll have one next week... ccage might be convinced to come out.

I wish I had cash to even consider going out to eat. Home-made lunches for the long haul! LOL!

Though I will admit, Irish Rover sounds interesting to the mind even if I have never eaten there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakkyo
    Actually, I hate that spot... Plano cops love sniping people over there, LOL. That's why I was seeing about if anyone wanted to meet at a different location.

that was at JAVA on the other side of the street, keep in mind, this isnt the same crowd. these people (well, 90% of them anyways) are responsible (ie, they dont peel out, no blaring radios, no racing down the street, etc etc) most the cars dont have front plates, not to mention some drifters dont have a front bumpers! its a car guy meet, not a parking lot turned into a bowl of rice. (well, its a car guy/spirited driver/people who actually know how to drive-meet.

ask mouglie!

So, who's meeting where and at what time? I may want to stop by before I play hockey at 10:30 in Plano.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Default Starbucks @ Frisco. 8:30 P.M.

We are planning on meeting up around 8:30 in Frisco at the location just north of hwy 121 on Preston Rd. Address is 3511 Preston Rd and it's on the west side of the street near the Krispy Kream.

Come on by.

count me in, im gonna be at both! im planning on being there a little early, so i can get to meet everyone, then still meet the regulars at escape/. anyone willing to join me is more than welcome, i might just be at starbucks till like 930ish.... is anyone coming after that? id like to meet some of these screen names!

Slick stuff, I never expected an impromptu meet from my boredom of yesterday to actually form into a meet today!

BAM!: No offence to all the folks who gather around Java & Cha/Escape, but I just hate that area 'cause the Plano cops just love tagging enthusiasts meeting there. It was last year, before the area became a total rice pot for rich Plano kids who's mommy and daddy bought them an RSX Type-S and paid for the GReddy bolt-on turbo + eManage set-ups... I was there for a meet between the members of the Dallas Nissan Enthusiasts and DallasImports.net; after the meet ended, the cops started tagging people on their way out. I got harassed a bit by a cop who wanted to peek in my engine bay for "illegal modifications". Keep in mind, at the time, I was driving a second gen Integra sedan with a huge dent in the rear passenger's side door...

Don't get me wrong, I love doing my Asian grocery shopping at May Hua! LOL!

Thanks for setting up the meeting Kakkyo. I had a great time. Nice to meet Bam as well. Hope to meet up again, soon. Maybe Bean will setup a time in the early part of the week at Irish Rover for lunch and we can do it again.

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast