Thread: New Camry: Could it be more dull?

Default New Camry: Could it be more dull?

Behold! The next Camry!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Behold! The next Camry!

S.
    It's a shame b/c the last generation was smokin... wait, it sucked too.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

Behold! The next Camry!

S.
    OK... I give... what changed? I had one as a rental a couple years ago and I swear it looked identical to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    It's a shame b/c the last generation was smokin... wait, it sucked too.

My wife had a '93 Camry for awhile. I hated it - it was even more vanilla than the '00 Accord we replaced it with.

Can't argue with their build quality, though. In the time we owned it that car didn't have a single problem at all.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    In the time we owned it that car didn't have a single problem at all.
    To most people, a car is a tool. A dependable tool is a good thing. I can remember the first Camry I ever saw. I thought, "Why make a fancy Toyota?"
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Guys!

It's a four door mid sized sedan! Don't expect daring styling from their bread and butter seller. The people shopping for this type of car are your average joe schmo and it has to appeal to as many joe schmos as it can.

If it were a sports car, ok but this is meant to appeal to as wide a market as possible. For your average librarian, corporate lackey, grandma that the manufacturer is trying to appeal to, it's styling will not offend any of them.

Sure it's vanilla but it's supposed to be.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well the Mazda 6 and Fusion definaly have it over on the Camry as far as looks go.

Heck the Accord is even more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Guys!

It's a four door mid sized sedan! Don't expect daring styling from their bread and butter seller. The people shopping for this type of car are your average joe schmo and it has to appeal to as many joe schmos as it can.

If it were a sports car, ok but this is meant to appeal to as wide a market as possible. For your average librarian, corporate lackey, grandma that the manufacturer is trying to appeal to, it's styling will not offend any of them.

Sure it's vanilla but it's supposed to be.
    +1 the camry isnt exactly supposed to appeal to the sports car crowd. i dont see many camrys at autoXs and drag strips. it will probably live up to exactly what it was designed to be- a very good built 4 door family sedan.