Thread: Dumb Skivvie Drivers...

Default Dumb Skivvie Drivers...

Driving home tonight I'm minding my own business in the middle lane when a mid 90s white Civic pulls up next to me and revs his engine.

Guess he wanted to race but I value my driver's license to much to lose it for street racing.

Not five minutes later a mid 90s silver Skivvie pauses on my right side and the drivers just stared at me or more likely my Miata.

Still, cant wait to one day have BOOOOOST so I can blow these young punks away.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Welcome to my world... LOL!

Plano is worst for that, IMO.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

ha ha, word bruthas! I know how that goes here in Garland area. Wish I had boost also...cause sadly the Miata would probably loose most drag races.h
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

icepenguin66: I can say that I too am wishing for boost. No need to worry about drag racing, have BAM! recant you the story on how he and a buddy (riding in his buddy's Miata) kicked the arse of a Camaro through a nice winded road with an ending quote of "Yeeeeah, that's right! Don't with a Miata ever again!!!"

A good FM I turbo kit combined with TDR's super efficient FMIC will be the dream, just bills and work get in the way of that for now. Until I can get my gig together and move to the hospital scene. Once the hospital scene dawns on me... you'll bet I'll have my revenge in Plano, in a proverbial way.

lol i WISH i was there with him! yup some of us may remember his silver and tan m2 with 17" Koseis and a bomex ft bumper.

I know that feeling too! When I had a Camaro (96 Z2 I was in Austin on 2222 and cam up on a new 996 turbo...I not only caught up but passed the no-talent driver! Wish I had a pic of his face when my stupid Camaro buzzed by! Man some people can't drive! With that car, I he should've left me like I was parked.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Miatas were never meant to be drag cars. They are sports cars, therefore they handle...... I would suggest you keep the racing where it belongs....On the track!.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

street racing is bad!

Mmmmkay?

Speaking of dumb RICERS...I was in my wife's Mazda3 hatch on Saturday with a car-load of garage sale stuff on my way to the Good-Will store when I come up to a red light and wouldn't you know, this little White Civic hatch starts reving his engine at me. I'm like WTF is this guy thinking? Well the light turns green and off he goes sounding like a long Fart after eating too much mexican food. So I am moving along about 50mph in a 40 trying to get to the donation center before they close and this guy gets beside me again trying to race...speeding up again.. right about then a cop comes out of no-where and immediatly pulls him over. I was laughing my off.
    No more Miata

LOL! That's nearly everyday here out in Plano. Kid thinks he's hardcore in his pile of aluminum and fiberglass, revs like an idiot, then tries to race with little attention to the cop down the street. The worst part is going to my night classes and hearing them say ", I got tagged by a cop! What the did I do wrong?! I was just racing the [insert car name here] and really whipping up on them!" Stupid kids

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    I know that feeling too! When I had a Camaro (96 Z2 I was in Austin on 2222 and cam up on a new 996 turbo...I not only caught up but passed the no-talent driver! Wish I had a pic of his face when my stupid Camaro buzzed by! Man some people can't drive! With that car, I he should've left me like I was parked.
    OMG- i love that road!!!! me and a friend used to make trips to austin specifically to make a few laps around the lake.

im hoping im not the only one that doesnt know what a "Skivvie" is. sounds like it is probably short for some car thats name starts with Skiv...., but that car eludes me.

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    street racing is bad!
    You're absolutely correct. In which case, it's time to add the obligatory MME street racing disclaimer:

DFWMiata.com does not condone or encourage street racing of any sort. Posts that refer to street racing have been known to suddenly disappear without warning. Take it to the track, please.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Driving home tonight I'm minding my own business in the middle lane when a mid 90s white Civic pulls up next to me and revs his engine.

Guess he wanted to race but I value my driver's license to much to lose it for street racing.

Not five minutes later a mid 90s silver Skivvie pauses on my right side and the drivers just stared at me or more likely my Miata.

Still, cant wait to one day have BOOOOOST so I can blow these young punks away.
    Dude, my car is just about an exact twin of yours, If we had matching wheels they would be identical. I've got boost...we could have some fun ...At the track of course
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Miatas were never meant to be drag cars. They are sports cars, therefore they handle...... I would suggest you keep the racing where it belongs....On the track!.
    Yeah, but it gets old having to let off and/or brake because some asshole in a Malibu/Accord/Taurus/truck/SUV/Pacer or whatever decides he wants to race instead of letting you change lanes or merge. That's what I'm talking about here at least.

Street race? Hell no...especially since they impound your car and I believe it's a felony now too!

Quote Originally Posted by RX7-2nr
    OMG- i love that road!!!! me and a friend used to make trips to austin specifically to make a few laps around the lake.

im hoping im not the only one that doesnt know what a "Skivvie" is. sounds like it is probably short for some car thats name starts with Skiv...., but that car eludes me.
    Yah, same here! Then I assume you know all about Lime Creek road, or is it Lime Rock? ...been awhile

i looked it up on mapquest, but ive never been on that one. 2769 and 2222 mostly. we would start out on the south end of the lake and come up counterclockwise until about the Volente area, it turns pretty residential around there. we would usually turn around once it got residential, and go back out into the sticks. i dont know if we ever got north enough to go on Lime Creek Dr.

lots of funs roads out there with lots of fun curves! im probably going to take a trip there when i get my miata. i already know im going to take a mini road trip. maybe drive to atlanta to see my grandad.

Quote Originally Posted by RX7-2nr
    i looked it up on mapquest, but ive never been on that one. 2769 and 2222 mostly. we would start out on the south end of the lake and come up counterclockwise until about the Volente area, it turns pretty residential around there. we would usually turn around once it got residential, and go back out into the sticks. i dont know if we ever got north enough to go on Lime Creek Dr.
    Yeah, if you take 2222 all the way untill it dead ends at what may be 2769 and turn left at the T intersection it winds around a bit then eventually turns into Lime Creek road and that goes on for quite a bit winding up the side of the lake on a huge hill!

Let us know if you plan on a trip may want to join; its been a while since I've been to Austin.