Thread: Office Christmas Party

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Talking Office Christmas Party

TO: All Employees

DATE: 4th November 2005

RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...please feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if the MD shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1.00p.m.. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! The MD will make a special announcement at the Party.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

Pauline

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 5th November 2005

RE: Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognise that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our 'Holiday Party'. The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians. There will be no Christmas tree or Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment. Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,

Pauline.

FROM; Pauline Lewis, Human Resources Director

DATE: 6th November 2005

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table...you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only", you wouldn't be anonymous anymore!!!! How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gift exchange, no gift exchange allowed now since the Union Officials feel that $10.00 is too much money and Management believe $10.00 is a little cheap. NO GIFT EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Pauline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 7th November 2005

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20th begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs, perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party or else package everything up for you to take home in a little foil doggy bag. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the toilets, Gays are allowed to sit with each other, Lesbians do not have to sit with gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangements for the gay men's table too. To the person asking permission to cross dress - no cross dressing allowed. We will have booster seats for short people. Low fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food: we suggest those people with high blood pressure taste the food first.. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics; the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts.

Sorry! Did I miss anything?!?!?!?!?!

Pauline.

TO: All F****** Employees

DATE: 8 November 2005

RE: The F******** Holiday Party.

Vegetarian pricks. I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death", as you so quaintly put it, you'll get your f****** salad bar, including organic tomatoes, but you know tomatoes have feelings too, they scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW!! I hope you all have a rotten holiday, drink, drive and die.

The witch from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DATE: 9th November 2005

RE: Pauline Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Pauline Lewis a speedy recovery, and I'll continue to forward your cards to her. In the meantime, the Management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and instead, give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd December off with full pay.

Bwaaahaaahaaa!!! Gotta love political correctness!

Happy Christmahanakwanzika to all!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That's funny....We have have some BS like that around here. People getting mad because it's called a Christmas party, So we changed it to Holiday Party just to be PC. Then they put up a tree in the entry office and we NOW have to call it a holiday tree..... Sheesh.
    No more Miata

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Calling it a Holiday Tree upsets me. Apparently, for the last 55 years, the tree in my living room had the wrong name?!?

If you wish to not celebrate Christmas, that is your choice.

I wish all of you a season that is filled with much more than junk and bickering.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Calling it a Holiday Tree upsets me. Apparently, for the last 55 years, the tree in my living room had the wrong name?!?

If you wish to not celebrate Christmas, that is your choice.

I wish all of you a season that is filled with much more than junk and bickering.
    psssstttt...turn your hearing-aid on. you're yelling again.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

psssttt I know I was yelling. Now stop whispering in my ear. I think your spit is shorting out my hearing aid
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Yes... I call mine Sir Piney, the Noble Fir.

Apparently, for the last 55 years, the tree in my living room had the wrong name?!?
    55 years! Man that has to be some kind of a fire hazard.

Most people only leave the Christmas tree up for about a month!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    55 years! Man that has to be some kind of a fire hazard.

Most people only leave the Christmas tree up for about a month!
    Or go the TCB route & use a fake tree. We've had the same 6 1/2' one for 8 years now... Bought it after Christmas on clearance for $25.

I think next year I'll take a saw out to the in-laws' place and get a real tree for free. I stopped by one place and they wanted $10 a foot for a real tree.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I stopped by one place and they wanted $10 a foot for a real tree. RJ
    I will take 2 foot from the center of the tree. Thank you.

I'm offended!

What about Festivus for the rest of us?

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    psssstttt...turn your hearing-aid on. you're yelling again.
    I don't care who ya are, that's funny!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

political correctness - The act of renaming things in an attempt to hide the truth from soft-skinned narrow-minded individuals.
    synonyms: bulls**t
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...