Thread: Grass Fires

Default Grass Fires

Just got home a few minutes ago and the TV news is full of stories about today's fires. Several homes were consumed in Granbury and Arlington -- hope it wasn't anyone on the board.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

no problems here, but we could smell the smoke and heard a ton of trucks running all afternoon.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Smokers that throw their lit cigarettes out the window ought to be made to eat them.

My father-in-law's childhood home went up in flames on Christmas Day thanks to that... His cousin lived there and is temporarily homeless.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Smokers that throw their lit cigarettes out the window ought to be made to eat them.

My father-in-law's childhood home went up in flames on Christmas Day thanks to that... His cousin lived there and is temporarily homeless.

RJ
    Exactly, their tobacco trash accounts for over 50% of litter and causes most fires yet smokers wonder why tobacco is always taxed to death!

Sorry to hear about the house, best wishes.

I nearly ran a guy off the road once cause he threw his cigarette out the window and it hit my mirror! Luckily my sunglasses protected me from the ashes.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

A bunch of the guys from my facility here in Austin are at the GP National Guard facility doing fire duty for North Texas, even through the holiday.

Just remind everyone to remember what Smokey the Bear says, "Only you can prevent forrest fires"

Chris

It's also a good reason to:

(1) rake up all those leaves sooner rather than later; and
    (2) consider running your sprinklers every couple of days to reduce the chance that a loose cigarette will spark a blaze.

Let's be careful out there, kids.

S.

My mother owns 28 acres south of boyd and the back portion of her property faces 730. A fire started and burned the back 10 acres. NO damage to livestock, barns or house but it was close. If the wind had been blowing a differnt direction she may be staying at my barn.

Don't people watch tv and see how dry it is?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    Don't people watch tv and see how dry it is?
    No. UPN doesn't offer news breaks in-between wrestling, Jerry Springer, and Cops.

The people who do this are too stupid to care.

S.