Thread: Calibrating torque wrenches...

Question Calibrating torque wrenches...

I have a couple of clicker type torque wrenches... where does one take them to have the measurements checked?

Dunno - we have a service for the for all of our torque wrenches here at work. I left mine with one of the powerplant guys for a week, and got it back with a calibration tag.

I can check and see who services ours, but I won't be back in the office until after the New Year.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Dunno - we have a service for the for all of our torque wrenches here at work. I left mine with one of the powerplant guys for a week, and got it back with a calibration tag.

I can check and see who services ours, but I won't be back in the office until after the New Year.
    Was that a harbor freight clicker! Who knew!

Yea bean there are companies that specialize in this stuff, just bring your wallet.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Was that a harbor freight clicker! Who knew!
    It would probably be cheaper to replace a HF one than to have it calibrated. Just a guess.

Yup, that's how I get mine done too! The test department has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on that sort of thing. Never tried it with a cheap tool, though. They might not be able to get repeatable numbers if it's a shoddy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I have a couple of clicker type torque wrenches... where does one take them to have the measurements checked?
    Bean, I've got a clicker type I also use as a breaker bar. You can borrow it untill you get your's calibrated
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Bean, I've got a clicker type I also use as a breaker bar...
    That's not really such a good idea with a torque wrench.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

But you can still use it as a hammer can't ya??

It was a joke
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.