Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The most important Miata meeting in the DFW area

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

Besides, we do have one mod who doesn't autocross: 3Bean!
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I'm not sure I understand YOUR statement on this... I'm not a contributing member? NOT that I want to be a moderator... I already have too much on my plate. I agree with jolberry that there are clicks in any group... we have them here.

RJ
    Sweet jesus Raymond... either you're trying to stir the pot as well, or you're being pretty obtuse. Take a look back at the line of mine you quoted:

The mods are the mods primarily because they're the most active and contributing members.
    Notice the use of the word most there, not only. I never said - nor implied - that the mods were the only contributing members.

Nor is having the highest post count an automatic ticket to Moderhater status. One of the reaosns we added onething to the stable was because he's smart, diplomatic, and level-headed, even though he doesn't post as often as the rest of the moderhater staff.

Different people bring different things to this group. That's one of the beautiful things about this group - everyone is free (within reason) to bring whatever they want to this group, as little or as much as they want to contribute. There are no dues, no membership requirements (other than an ability to type semi-coherently ), no voting, no "good standing" guidelines. There are no secret handshakes to get in, and anyone who finds us is welcome to join, regardless of whether they know someone here already or not. Everyone is welcome, and everyone is encouraged to contribute in whatever amount- and by whatever means - they so choose.

Not that your post in this thread has been one of your greater contributions to this group...
    Last edited by altiain; 01-05-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Chassis Designer WhiteLightning's Avatar

I really do not feel like reading the "Bylaws" right now...im already in school and have to read books much less that book...lol...but i am up for the drive down to support the club and to get to know each of you. This will be one way to show that i am dedicated to the club.....

Also I am awesome with websites!!! I mean i can do some crazy shit!

One of the reaosns we added onething to the stable was because he's smart, diplomatic, and level-headed, even though he doesn't post as often as the rest of the moderhater staff.
    Yeah but then how come you're a moderator?

Just joshin....

My point is, you can probably pull off everything you're trying to accomplish - and in an easier fashion, without requiring membership dues or meeting attendance out of anyone - by doing the same thing right here.
    Ok... see where you're coming from now. I think you have a point. Well said Iain. How very smart, diplomatic, and level-headed of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I think I understand what Merv is feeling. It sounds like there is a little nostalgia at work. Merv remembers what LSMC used to be and misses it... He sees some of what it was here, and wants to integrate it (and the Outlaws) in with LSMC to get back to the place he misses.
    I think you've got it. I know that's kind of how I feel. There were some good times with LSMC in the old days and I know Merv experienced far more than I have. Heck, he practically started the club!

I don't know the best way to combine it all but I like that Merv is actually trying to do something about it. I'll support him any way I can because, like I said, I believe in what he is doing. I do think Iain also has a point. Merv could consider implementing his plans here as well. Either way, I'll support him. Good points by all.

How's that for diplomatic?
    Last edited by black roadster; 01-06-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Chassis Designer

Re LSMC

OK guys... we actually changed the by-laws some time back eliminating the 60 day requirement. There actually were reasons for doing it, but the reasons went away.

Now, before you go off trashing the need for structure, insurance, and such, there REALLY ARE REASONS TO HAVE THESE.

If any of you have net worth, or own a business, a house, or even have a savings account, you REALLY want some liability protection when acting as part of a group. So... to get insurance you have to have a legal entity... to become a leegal entity, you have to have a formal structure with by-laws... see how that works?

Now, there is no reason to make meetings, events, or anything else boring and structured. I am all for making the kind of changes that Merv has suggested, and I think that most of LSMC will support anything that brings new life to the club.

Only thing I see to be cautious about is for the club to formally "support" any competitive event. Simply can't do it from a liability stand point. Just have to be careful what you call things, (like DE's). Semantics are everything.

If you want to vote, you will need to get the package for the meeting. $30 are the current dues, (once you get in, we can change that). The luncheon at Southfork is $15 per person. Hey, it's only once a year, and it was decided to do this instead of a Christmas party.

Send me your email and mailing addresses to me at billccsi @ hotmail.com. I'll get the package to you.

Hope to see you all.

Soon to be NOT the President
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Sort the members list by posts and ignore the Moderators... it might surprise you! The top 4 active non-mods are not avid Autocrossers.

Yeah, they just have WAY too much free time on their hands!!!!!! Idle minds......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Hey Merv are you running unopposed??

email sent!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Yeah, they just have WAY too much free time on their hands!!!!!! Idle minds......
    I'm hoping to have enough free time to vote for you
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

WOW! What a hectic twenty hours this has been! I thank everyone for their suppport and am pressing on. As of now, anyone can join before voting begins and be able to vote. As for the luncheon, I feel guilty taking advantage of LSMC financial position, as they are funding a good portion of the luncheon. We, Shelley and I, are planning on a sort of "tailgate" party by bringing a picnic lunch. If you want to join in, as opposed to the insdie sit-down luncheon, you won't need to reply to Bill, and we can all join in the voting and meeting. Now, if I can just find the tailgate on Sunny..... :)

I don't want to get in any arguments, and I know we all have our own feelings and priorities. I may have been a little strong with my words on "taking over LSMC", but the adenaline was pumping..... My goal is to bring ALL of the Miata cummunities together, and not take anything away from what MME, the Outlaws, or LSMC already have. I just want to make it better. I think the more options we have, the better. If you dont want to join LSMC, that's fine, but I still want to invite EVERYONE to come and see what we can do together.

I understand that I may have some competition for the position, but I still plan on winning (however, I can be bribed $$$$$$$$). I believe I heard an offer for a new web meister, too Anyone else want to jump in?

Let's keep the focus on where we're going, not where we've been. In the long run, I think we will all be happier with some changes. Thanks again.

Merv
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I'm hoping to have enough free time to vote for you

If you join, you can vote by proxy, if you can't make it to South Fork.

If you join, you can vote by proxy, if you can't make it to South Fork.
    I have filled out the online membership form... Do you have more info on the proxy voting?

I have filled out the online membership form... Do you have more info on the proxy voting?
    No. If you can't find anything on LSMC website, ask BILL (current president).

I understand that I may have some competition for the position, but I still plan on winning
    So who else is running??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    So who else is running??
    Boyd Davis, I believe.

So who else is running??
    Ohh Ohh I know... I know...

But now who do I vote for?

Ohh Ohh I know... I know...

But now who do I vote for?
    No freaking way!

The two years I spent with LSMC were not that great, but I really do hope Merv can bring it back to it's former glory.

No freaking way!

The two years I spent with LSMC were not that great, but I really do hope Merv can bring it back to it's former glory.
    Does this mean you're not joining/voting?

I am going to support Merv on this and he better win! Otherwise I'll have wasted the cash on membership fees to a club I won't be involved with.

Seriously and no offence to this Boyd feller but it's Merv as President or nothing for me.

Can we have a show of hands as to who will be voting for Merv?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'm voting for the chicken! ::BigBird:

Do I still need to own a Miata to join/vote?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast