Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The most important Miata meeting in the DFW area

Chassis Designer

I have just learned that our agreement with Southfork Ranch is that the club pays for everyone in attendance at the buffet luncheon, whether you eat or not.

Once again, I am sorry that some of you oppose this plan. But again, it was a club decision (voted on with a unanimous approval) back in October. We need to get your reservation in ASAP.

If you want to join the club, you can do so by mail/online, and you can also vote by mail. I'll even do you one better. Send me an email at president @ lonestarmiata.net now, and I'll email a ballot to you. Mail it back to me by 1/20/06, and if we have received your membership by then, the vote will be counted.

Guys, we'd love to have you come play, just can't change plans/rules after the fact.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Chassis Designer

This really is getting rediculous... Where were you all when we planned this?! Now everyone who was actually a member of this club has to change what they wanted, and voted on???

I think we have bent over backwards to try accomodate you all. Personally, I've busted my butt to try to make this happen, because I beleived that you guys could make a positive difference. Frankly, the chorus is beginning to sound prety juvenile.

It's sounds like no one here, except Merv, is willing to make any effort to make a club work.

If you want a real club, and have real events, really do things, really have something that works, join the club. vote, voice your opinions, and help. That's the way change happens. You can't force change ahead of the game.

In 2001, many of you helped elect me as president of the club. I promised changes that you and I wanted. 30 days after the election, you didn't renew, and I was left alone as president of a group of people, most of whom didn't vote for me. We axtually managed to have a pretty good year. Most of the things that I had proposed, did happen. If you had stayed, LSMC would probably be a much different organization now. Probably more to your liking.

LSMC needs people, not more whiners.

Now, despite my diatribe... I'm trying to work something out on the meeting vs eating.

BTW, there has only been TWO (2) people from this group step up and join.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

Chassis Designer WhiteLightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi

Did you get my email requesting the registration packet. I sent in my membership today via mail and should be there shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    It's sounds like no one here, except Merv, is willing to make any effort to make a club work.

LSMC needs people, not more whiners.

Now, despite my diatribe... I'm trying to work something out on the meeting vs eating.

Maybe that's because we're busy contributing to the organization we already have. Don't confuse Merv's goals with MME's goals - while some of us have voiced personal support for Merv's quest, Merv's goals remain his and his only, and are not officially shared or endorsed by this organization... not that we stand much on officialdom around here.

I think a lot of MME members are taking a "wait and see" approach. There is nothing broken with our current organization, and I can't say that what I've seen so far in this thread fills me full of promise for a united future.

Maybe Merv can change that. As I've said before, I wish him the best of luck. If he manages to succeed in what he's trying to do, then I imagine you'll see a slow but steady gravitation of MME members towards LSMC. If he's not successful... well, MME will still be right here offering the same activities and camaraderie that has made us the most dynamic of all of the local Miata enthusiast organizations.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I am quite honestly tired of this thread and what it has become. Why not take your LSMC business over to the LSMC forum? Everyone from this board who is going to bite already has. Seriously. I wish Merv (and the rest of LSMC) the best.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Maybe that's because we're busy contributing to the organization we already have. Don't confuse Merv's goals with MME's goals - while some of us have voiced personal support for Merv's quest, Merv's goals remain his and his only, and are not officially shared or endorsed by this organization... not that we stand much on officialdom around here....
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Maybe that's because we're busy contributing to the organization we already have. Don't confuse Merv's goals with MME's goals - while some of us have voiced personal support for Merv's quest, Merv's goals remain his and his only, and are not officially shared or endorsed by this organization... not that we stand much on officialdom around here.

I think a lot of MME members are taking a "wait and see" approach. There is nothing broken with our current organization, and I can't say that what I've seen so far in this thread fills me full of promise for a united future.

Maybe Merv can change that. As I've said before, I wish him the best of luck. If he manages to succeed in what he's trying to do, then I imagine you'll see a slow but steady gravitation of MME members towards LSMC. If he's not successful... well, MME will still be right here offering the same activities and camaraderie that has made us the most dynamic of all of the local Miata enthusiast organizations.
    Well said Iain. I think I'm swaying to a wait and see approach as well. My change of thinking is because of the following.

1. Taking a $30 risk on a club that may or may not be of interest to me.
    2. The lack luster desire of most of the people I consider friends.
    3. My busy schedule may not allow me the opportunity to participate in the club.
    4. Past experience with LSMC.
    5. MME fits many of my needs as a Miata organization and it's FREE!

I wish Merv all the best as well. I applaud his ideas but just don't know if LSMC is the place to implement them. If he doesn't succeed with LSMC, maybe we can add what he's feels is missing to MME.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I like youse guys too much to go anywhere else.....besides you tolerate slow dudes in silver Miata's.............not you Onething or Riverracer
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Chassis Designer

FYI... I have asked Southfork to come up with a way to allow non-eaters to join in for the meeting. I posed the question as having members with strict dietary concerns...

So far, no answer, but I'll let you know.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

Default Moderator Help!

Would you please close and remove this thread as it is only hurting the cause.
    Thanks
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Would you please close and remove this thread as it is only hurting the cause.
    Thanks
    A good idea, I think.

I don't think that Iain or anyone else here wants to get in the way of where the thread is leading, but does it really have any relevance here? Isn't there an LSMC forum for LSMC election proceedure discussions, etc?

C

ah, I haven't posted here much lately, have I lost my active status, thus my ability to vote?...

Best of luck Merv, I don't think I know you but you come across as a fun race-lov'n dude. I hope you win!
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345