Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The most important Miata meeting in the DFW area

Are you saying that we CAN't come in, can't vote, and I can't give my speech if we don't pay to eat? I'm sorry, but that is just STUPID! I guess there will be more happening in the parking lot than just a picnic lunch.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi

ATTENTION PLEASE... I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOUTHFORK IS SERVING A BUFFET, AND THAT WE WILL BE CHARGED PER HEAD IN THE ROOM. I WILL CONFIRM THIS IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
    Merv,

I think this is what he said. 24 hours has not gone by. Stay tuned and stay calm.

Carl

Talking

Fight the Power Madmerv!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    and so MME was born....
    And in my eyes it is GOOD!

But more power to you Merv.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Chassis Designer WhiteLightning's Avatar

before i send in my 30 dollars membership fee i would like to know if it is going to allowe me to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
    before i send in my 30 dollars membership fee i would like to know if it is going to allowe me to vote.

Yes. It will, even if you do it at the meeting, which I would recommend....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Yes. It will, even if you do it at the meeting, which I would recommend....
    But if you plan on doing it at the meeting, don't forget to make reservations and bring extra cash for the lunch. I am getting the distinct feeling that anyone showing up at the meeting without their name on the list will not be able to get in the door to vote.

ok i was just making sure. I will be going then....look forward to see everyone else that is going as well. Good luck Merv

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    But if you plan on doing it at the meeting, don't forget to make reservations and bring extra cash for the lunch. I am getting the distinct feeling that anyone showing up at the meeting without their name on the list will not be able to get in the door to vote.

Where in the world is that coming from? There has been nothing stated in any of these posts that would even remotely suggests that (yet).

This is the first time in a long time that LSMC has used a facility like Southfork for anything. Southfork operates their banquet facilities much like hotels. For a buffet they count heads to generate the final invoice (there is usually someone with a counter discretely counting). Until Merv's surprise announcement this was not a problem. I'm not sure how this will be handled as I'm not the election judge but it will be dealt with. It is better to find these things out ahead of time as your new club could have suffered serious financial penalties. I don't think you want that, do you?

Carl Long

ATTENTION PLEASE... I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOUTHFORK IS SERVING A BUFFET, AND THAT WE WILL BE CHARGED PER HEAD IN THE ROOM. I WILL CONFIRM THIS IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
    Stated on the last page

Well,

I'm not interested in paying $15 for a lunch, $30 if I bring the wife. However, I will join and vote if I can do it just for the cost of membership to LSMC.

I hope someone will clear this up soon.

BTW, somewhere I still have my LSMC nametag. Wonder if I can find it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
    Stated on the last page

I'm sorry, but there is nothing in the quote from Bill Preston that implies a list, a refusal to allow entry or an attempt to limit votes. Why would LSMC want to keep anyone out? I say again, this possible financial "hit" will be dealt with. There is a possible problem with the venue selected and that is all Bill was trying to say. We are not sitting up nights trying to kill this movement!

added: We could have easily done that by not allowing a non-member to run for office.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by mosmiles
    Where in the world is that coming from? There has been nothing stated in any of these posts that would even remotely suggests that (yet).
    Carl-
    I am not upset about this. I understand the situation the club is in, but everything on the LSMC site and the posts here have implied that the voting will take place inside the buffet room during lunch and and the club is responsible for planning ahead and paying for each head in the room. As Bill said:
    To participate on the 21st, I do need your reservations. Email me at billccsi @ hotmail.com, and I'll forward a package to you. I HAVE TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT TO ARRANGE THE PROPER SIZE ROOM.

Now I would hope that some arrangment could be made for those that want to be a part of the meeting without eating, but that solution has yet to be offered. Perhaps an officer could take a stack of balots out to the parking lot, but that would seem to just add to the sense of division.

Suspension Modder

Before the bitchfest starts, the CLUB made the decision to do this as an annual activity instead of our usual Christmas party. This decision was Made in OCTOBER. All of these plans were made before any of this was born.

I'm sorry that some of you are put out... just think...next year, you all get a say!

Seriously, I look forward to seeing all of you come on out.

I guess we will just take Bill's post apart piece by piece. The problem was not a problem until Merv stepped up with his request to nominate himself. I don't think the club screwed up, it just appears that way. Who could have known the interest this election has generated. In October some of us were even wondering if we would have an election. The use of Southfork was an attempt to Jazz it up so to speak and get our members out.

Carl

That's why Geico is soooo simple to use - no club elections!

(substitute "MME" for "Geico" and you may get my point )
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    (substitute "MME" for "Geico" and you may get my point )
    Yes Iain, we know you don't like "official" clubs with dues and elections. Can we move on now?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

He must've had a bad experience sometime in his life.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Yes Iain, we know you don't like "official" clubs with dues and elections. Can we move on now?
    Just an FYI he is not alone in his beliefs, many share his views, although most of us would never admit that even in a court of law!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Just an FYI he is not alone in his beliefs, many share his views, although most of us would never admit that even in a court of law!
    agreed
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

OK guys. This is EXACTLY what I didn't want to happen. I started this because I think I can make a difference without causing havoc. There is no reason we need to pick at each other because we don't have the same opinions. READ MY FIRST POST! I was just informing everyone what I planned on doing, inviting everyone to come and see what it's about, and hoping for some support, never expecting everyone to agree. We've had both positive and negative responses, as always. If you don't like what I'm doing, do your own thing. If you do, I hope to see you next Saturday.
    Merv

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast