Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA 6/20/2004 Autocross at TMS Road Course

Default SCCA 6/20/2004 Autocross at TMS Road Course

If you plan to attend this event please read the following:

ATTENTION: For the upcoming June 20th Regional Solo II event @ the TMS Road Course , please pre-register either online at our website, or call Phil Adams by phone, 817-485-0531 or David Dennis @ 214-536-0246, Lauren Dunn @ 214-912-9261, or John Stankus @ 972-596-9386. Also, please note: If you are signed up as yearly member, and you can't or won't be able to make this event, PLEASE call and cancel verbally to one of these gentlemen noted above. This means NO WALKUPS for registration. We will have to CAP this event at "225 Entries" so we can all get in four runs each and still get out of there at a reasonable hour. Deadline is Friday night, 9:00 pm, June 18th. Any other questions, please call or email Tom Ramey, listed under Solo Contacts.

Link to the SCCA Website!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The entry list already shows 225 entries. 54 novice drivers.

BTW, any of you SCCA muckety-mucks (you know who you are) know how the road course is going to be setup for a Solo II event?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    BTW, any of you SCCA muckety-mucks (you know who you are) know how the road course is going to be setup for a Solo II event?
    You asked for this...

We're not moving any pavement, so it'll look like it usually does.

On the other hand, we'll be setting up cones to keep you at least 25 feet from anything hard and to keep speeds down a bit.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    We're not moving any pavement, so it'll look like it usually does. On the other hand, we'll be setting up cones to keep you at least 25 feet from anything hard and to keep speeds down a bit.
    Since I've never seen the road course, I have no idea what it usually looks like. Any map links available?

This is probably a start...

Default Re: SCCA 6/20/2004 Autocross at TMS Road Course

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    If you plan to attend this event please read the following:

ATTENTION: For the upcoming June 20th Regional Solo II event @ the TMS Road Course , please pre-register either online at our website, or call Phil Adams by phone, 817-485-0531 or David Dennis @ 214-536-0246, Lauren Dunn @ 214-912-9261, or John Stankus @ 972-596-9386. Also, please note: If you are signed up as yearly member, and you can't or won't be able to make this event, PLEASE call and cancel verbally to one of these gentlemen noted above. This means NO WALKUPS for registration. We will have to CAP this event at "225 Entries" so we can all get in four runs each and still get out of there at a reasonable hour. Deadline is Friday night, 9:00 pm, June 18th. Any other questions, please call or email Tom Ramey, listed under Solo Contacts.

Link to the SCCA Website!
    You might as well take me off the list... I won't be able to make it due to family obligations.

I cancelled my registration through the DLB Racing's online registration, but please take this as an additional notification (to Mr. Dunn who is mentioned in the note above, and who I also know lurks around this website ) that I won't be there.

Ya'll have fun, and I'll try not to think about it...

Default link to dfwmaps.com

heres a link to an aerial photo of TMS.

link
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Default Re: link to dfwmaps.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    heres a link to an aerial photo of TMS.

link
    Thanks!

And welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    You might as well take me off the list... I won't be able to make it due to family obligations.

I cancelled my registration through the DLB Racing's online registration, but please take this as an additional notification (to Mr. Dunn who is mentioned in the note above, and who I also know lurks around this website ) that I won't be there.

You're kidding! SOrry to hear that, Kestrel. Although I guess without you there, that'll move me up the standings one spot.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    ... I won't be able to make it due to family obligations.

Tell Great Uncle Wheezer that all your cone smacking punk friends said, "Hi".

There will be another time. Have a safe trip.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Okay.... educate the ignorant (namely me!) This is run on the road coarse inside TMS or is something set up like usual on the small lot inside TMS?
    We will be driving ON THE ROAD COURSE. There will be pylons, as usual, to keep you away from dangerous hard objects and to keep speeds in check. The surface is super-sticky asphalt, that with any luck, may set your brake pads on fire and let you corner hard enough to have a lopsided grin.

dlbracing is at 225 and no longer accepting registrations as of yesterday. I got my first two phone calls today from people desiring a spot on the "wait list" (which doesn't exist). It's gonna be fun!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

WOO HOO ! ! !
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Course Map Posted Course is about 1 mile long.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Course Map Posted Course is about 1 mile long.
    Looks like it could be fast! Plenty of 3rd gear opportunities!

Sweet!

I registered for this many many months ago...

I'll be out there in the Mazdaspeed... I've got a coupel new toys to show off...

And a several more yet to be installed... Yeah, I know.. Straight to Street prepared I go...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    And a several more yet to be installed... Yeah, I know.. Straight to Street prepared I go...
    Better SP than SM2 - there's a Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Stradale (the street legal version of their GT race car) signed up in SM2 for this event.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Better SP than SM2 - there's a Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Stradale (the street legal version of their GT race car) signed up in SM2 for this event.
    yeah.. I saw that! YIKES!

So far al that will be on the car over stock at this event will be 205/45-16 Ecsta V700s. They were cheap.. :)

Hopefully in the next while I'll get around to the exhaust, flywheel and fuel stuff I have sitting around...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Breakfast Sunday morning? Any of you cone smackin' punks wanna hook-up? There's the famous Mickey D's inside the truck stop at exit 65 (south of TMS) off of 35W. 7am'ish. Who's in?

link

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Breakfast Sunday morning? Any of you cone smackin' punks wanna hook-up? There's the famous Mickey D's inside the truck stop at exit 65 (south of TMS) off of 35W. 7am'ish. Who's in?

link
    I'll probably be at the site by 6:30 so I can get tires changed before the rest of you punks show up... Next time!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast