Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other way to sell a car?

Default Any other way to sell a car?

I have my focus listed on craigs list, autotrader, a focus only forum, and a couple local papers. Is there anything else I can list my car on that I don't know about? Thanks.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

You getting any nibbles on it??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You getting any nibbles on it??
    Nothing I just lowered the price on autotrader, I hope that helps, but nothing yet. My parents have been searching the local dealerships, they want to trade (bleh) but the most I've been offered for a trade is 6500. The only miata they have found is a white 02 automatic base for 19K! No bueno
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Carmax? My personal experience with them isn't very positive, but I was also trying to sell a 9-year-old niche car (FD RX7) at the time. I understand they're a little more generous with later model, higher volume cars. Like Foci.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Carmax? My personal experience with them isn't very positive, but I was also trying to sell a 9-year-old niche car (FD RX7) at the time. I understand they're a little more generous with later model, higher volume cars. Like Foci.
    I was thinking of that, my dad made me an interesting deal , and I was trying to remember what it was called.

Found it...

Quote Originally Posted by Carmax.com
    Step 2 - Get A Written Offer On Any Car • Get The Same Competitive Offer Whether You Buy From Us Or Not, In Less Then An Hour • Offer Is Good For 7 Days Or 300 Miles

Just remember Carmax's offer is based on trade-in value. You could certainly get more from selling it to an individual but their offers are good compared to most other car dealers.

They will buy your car even if you don't buy theirs.

Their prices are also non-negotiable so don't even bother asking for more.

I wish I had the funds. I'm looking to sell my Nissan truck in a few months and get a more family friendly 5-seater but I think your car is a bit more than I care to spend.

Good Luck!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Have you advertised in Dallas Morning News or Fort Worth Star?
    I noticed you put it on Craigslist but there are no pictures. People like to see pics. Plus it's free on there. Also you should repost it so it's fresh for that day. Just trying to help.

Give CarMax a try. It's free for them to quote you.
    No more Miata

Don't rush out and sell it to Carmax or something, you'll get ripped off. If you've got the car in the local papers, you must also have it in Cars.com. The only other idea I can think of is to find a SVT forum with a local section.

Good luck with the sale. Try not to be in a hurry, if you rush this you'll lose money.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    Have you advertised in Dallas Morning News or Fort Worth Star?
    I noticed you put it on Craigslist but there are no pictures. People like to see pics. Plus it's free on there. Also you should repost it so it's fresh for that day. Just trying to help.

Give CarMax a try. It's free for them to quote you.
    jolberry makes a good point. I haven't looked at your cars.com or autotrader ads, but make sure you have lots of pictures. People like to see what they're buying, and a lot of people - myself included - will typically completely ignore an online ad that doesn't show at least a couple of pics. As the old saw goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Take dozens of pictures. Sign up for a free Webshots or other picture hosting account, get those big, hi-res pictures uploaded and a site created for the car, then link that site in your ads. Take detailed pics of the outside (including all body panels and shots down each side to show the panels are free of dings), interior shots, mileage shots, underhood shots, etc. Digital pics are free, hosting space is free, and if you've got access to a camera (and if you're trying to sell a $10k asset, you ought to at least invest the $150 to get a vaguely decent camera) you ought to have lots and lots of pictures of your car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Good call on the pics!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Talking

Get the two young ladies to nap in it again when you take the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Get the two young ladies to nap in it again when you take the pictures!
    Dirty old man!

Make sure they're napping in bikinis.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Dirty old man!

Make sure they're napping in bikinis.
    I want pictures!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

If you don't have a digital camera, there are plenty of us that would be happy to help... me included...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Damn my fading memory.... we need a refresh!
    Not sure on the nap reference, but I remember a couple cuties in the Slowcus on drag strip night.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Not sure on the nap reference, but I remember a couple cuties in the Slowcus on drag strip night.
    It's an autocross thing . . . some people wouldn't understand.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    It's an autocross thing . . . some people wouldn't understand.
    Damn Cliques!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast